Best-Offer Listing Default - Ebay Messed With the App Again!!!

Arrrrrrgggghhhhh!

Last year / year before last, there was an issue with re-listing/listing in the App - where it would default to include Best Offer and you'd have to turn it off. Extra step. PITA, but whatever. The bigger problem is that those same listings, anywhere from days to weeks later, would automatically and spontaneously update to add the Best Offer option, with lowball minimum limits. Then I'd get an email notifying me that best offer had been added, you guessed it, to all the listings that I just relisted in the app. Then I'd start getting all the lowball offers flooding in. GAHHHHHH!

I reported it as a BUG after meticulously testing the issue in the App to see exactly what triggered it. I had to complain incessantly about this because it kept getting dismissed as an issue with older listings, or a "feature" (love it when developers try to disguise bugs as features. I'm an IT developer... please...). I gave them all my test parameters with my listing numbers - literally spoon-feeding their developers with everything they needed to fix the problem.

Anyhow, they fixed it by removing the best offer default in the App. I think some time in 2020.

Sooooo now it's baaaaack, and I will seriously flip my lid if they start auto-updating my listings to best offer again. I've already did a couple of test listings (one as a "relist" and one as a "sell similar") to see what happens. I'll likely list on the full website until I'm sure the App isn't bugged again....

Anyway, thought I'd share this information for anyone else who typically lists on the App. I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone that might have some insight on this issue... especially tyler@ebay thanks!
Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0