Blocked Buyer List Link on Summary Store Page Doesn't Work

Please fix this eBay. It's annoying to have to search for another way to add a delinquent buyer to my list. 

Janet and Paul
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

I hadn't noticed that before...it must be just a .ca problem as the link still works when I use selling manager on .com.

What's even more annoying is that when I click on block bidders and the page not found comes up...there  is a link to report this technical issue or view technical issues but the only way to report is to phone or have them phone me. (phone me..is that new?)

For a technical issue like this there really should e a simple link to report it to. It's silly to have to phone..explain what you mean..wait for them to figure out what you mean..and then not know if it will really get reported or not.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

@thebarterersdog wrote:

Please fix this eBay. It's annoying to have to search for another way to add a delinquent buyer to my list. 

Hi thebarterersdog,

Please drop me an email with the exact steps to come across this error & I'll pass it along for review. A screenshot is also helpful.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Ok so how do you block someone now?????

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

If you don't want to sell to certain bidders and buyers, you can put them on your blocked list. They won't be able to bid on or buy your items unless you remove them from the list. You can block up to 5,000 users.

To add people to your blocked list:

1. Go to the Blocked bidder list page.
  2. Enter the user ID(s) you want to block, and then click Submit.

To remove someone from your blocked list, delete the user ID and click Submit. Let them know so they can start bidding on or buying your items.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Yes, I know all that. That is the link through .com and a temporary solution.

The problem is on .ca and was on the phone with ebay about it last night.

I shouldn't have to log into .com all the time when I want to block someone.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

"That is the link through .com and a temporary solution."

???

It makes no difference whatsoever if a seller uses the "blocked bidder list" on eBay.ca or eBay.com.

Same result: the buyer is blocked.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

It makes no difference whatsoever if a seller uses the "blocked bidder list" on eBay.ca or eBay.com.

The link on .ca isn't working. When I click on block bidders the following page comes up

http://pages.ebay.ca/services/buyandsell/biddermanagement.html?ssPageName=STRK:MESRL:009

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Kalvin, I thought I'd try my "block bidders" option (accessed from my seller Summary page), and sure enough, the same thing happened.  I've attached a screenshot here. 

Not only that, but I was forced to sign in again after trying to navigate away from this page, and ended up automatically bounced to eBay.com, which meant I had to go back through the eBay site map to get back to eBay.ca.  This will definitely be a problem if I do need to block a buyer!

An update once it's working properly would be much appreciated (assuming this can be fixed)!  

Screen Shot from "Block Bidder"

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Pierre I thought you would realize as per the content of the thread that we're talking about an issue with the blocked bidder option on .ca

This has been going on for more than a week now.....

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Still wondering when the blocked bidder link on .ca is going to be fixed.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

steve. rather than signing into .com, you can access your BBL on .ca it if you bookmark the following link

http://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin&hc=1&hm=uk%601d72f%2Bjwapue7kop

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

It doesn't matter what site you use to update your BBL, the changes sit on a server in Utah and update on all ebay sites, including .ca.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Here, let me use Pierre's style of writing to perhaps empahsis the point.

I USE .ca exclusively and I WANT to use the LINK on .ca ONLY because that's where I ALWAYS am LOGGED into.

I don't CARE if I could log into ebay CHINA to UPDATE my list because I WANT something that's SHOWN as being an LINK on my .ca summary page to be FIXED

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

"I don't CARE.."

We all understand that.

However, other readers - Canadian sellers - may prefer to have an immediate solution that works.  That is their right.

If you want to wait for the folks at eBay in San Jose to fix that technical problem on the eBay.ca server, that is your choice.

Good Luck.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

Steve, use the link I gave on another thread and bookmark it:

http://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin&hc=1&hm=v%7F.rp*31%3Ed5cg

You will then be able to use it anytime you want. 😉

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Lady, thanks, that is most helpful. 🙂

Janet and Paul
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

The link is fixed.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

It is fixed!!!! Yay~Smiley LOL Woot! Woot!

Janet and Paul
Message 19 of 19
latest reply