Blocked from using customer service?

I believe I am banned from customer service. Is this possible? When I ask for an agent in the chatbot, it says "sure" and then tells me to email them. I have spent hours navigating the website and there is quite literally no way for me to speak to a human. I've been trying for 6 months. A rep told me they would remove feedback from a fraudulent account, but it's still there, and I cannot contact anyone. It's not very helpful that my last feedback is questionable. All I want is ebay to honour what they said they'll do and remove the feedback. It's damaged my brand and ability to sell. Do they really  not understand that by me selling, they make money? What's going on here? After confronting the fraudster, they asked ebay to remove the feedback. Ebay said they would. I contacted ebay, they told me the same thing. They never did. I told the fraudster to change the fake negative to a neutral and they did because I know where they live so they freaked out. Ebay decided to not even listen to the buyer or seller, and I'm left damaged by it. Yet I can't get a human to talk to now? I just don't understand how people are supposed to do business like this. You're paying a service for zero service. I would love to throw my entire inventory up on ebay but the fact that I can't get a human being to speak to pretty much squashes that. Shame, after 20+ years on here. They literally don't care I guess. 

cheapojoes_0-1701654235157.png

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Contact eBay for Business on Facebook. You'll get an actual real person.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I only see one neutral on your acct, but it still says 100% positive.

Even if for some reason it didnt get taken down I dont think its reflecting poorly on you at all. personally Id buy something off of you with out a second thought.

Is it possible to change your response to their comment? I would always point out a bully or a scammer directly below the comment in question so people can see your side of the story.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Hey thanks for the reassurance.  My main issue isn't sales, it's the lack of service. I'm starting to understand that it's just par for the course. I think it's because I started ebay in my 20s, and I remember how awesome it was. How much they helped if you needed it. I guess I'm just shocked that they have changed so much and are so anti-consumer.  Either way, I didn't mean to complain, I'm just confused by this business model now. Appreciate you replying bud.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I'm still waiting for my 30 days to be up on Meta. They didn't like my business phone number (I guess someone bad had it before me) and their AI closed my account. I couldn't speak to a human there either. This is kinda like the new thing, eh? Same with X. No people to talk to. I think this is just "how it is" now. Appreciate you replying, even the acknowledgement at this point is encouraging. The internet has changed a lot.  I wish you the best!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The social media chats are manned by eBay employees who are trained, have some authority, and get their paycheques directly from eBay.

The phone reps are subcontractors, some in Utah and some in the Philippines,who work from a bible of stock answers.

You don't want to "talk" to anyone. You want to have  conversation with a real eBay employee. And that will be a Chat . (Which is another stupid computertalk name for a written exchange.)

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

I told the fraudster to change the fake negative to a neutral and they did because I know where they live so they freaked out.

Ummm.

Don't mention that in the Chat.

Seriously.

That may be why the FB you don't like is still there.

Also.

If you don't list anything, it becomes difficult to sell anything.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

no prob! ok, just making sure you werent stressing out too much about the removal! I have had some actual worse comments on my account by some very unfair individuals and on the board here everyone kept telling me a couple of negs doesnt mean much, but once it was gone I do feel sales picked up. I do feel like feedback matters, but I also think yours looks perfectly fine because that neutral isnt incriminating towards you at all. Wishing you lots of sales for the 2023 holiday season 🙂
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

They may not want to talk to you because feedback is usually removable for just 30 days. Plus, there is nothing in the feedback itself that is against the rules.  Unfortunately cs does sometime say that they will do things that they can't  or won't do.

I really don't think that neutral will affect sales or your reputation.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply