Blocking Buyers with feedback score of 0

I have tried to find a way to block buyers with a zero feeback because over the years I have had this same thing happen to me several times..Buyer requests item be sent via cheapest method (not trackable) and then claims they did not get it...even though I can prove I mailed it I cannot prove they got it...this always happens with 0 feedback buyers!

The only thing I am able to do is block those with a -1 or less..this is RIDICULOUS since as sellers can no longer leave a negative for any buyer! even the rude ones and ones that lie about not getting a parcel!

Is there a work-around for this.  I have been listing since 2000-2001 and I am about to leave ebay for GOOD.  Tired of playing Santa to the rip of artists who 2 months after an aution closes get full refunds!

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Blocking Buyers with feedback score of 0

With all respect, the shipping calculator is not going to work unless you put in the correct weight and dimensions for the item and dimensions that fit into the min/max dimensions that each shipping service allows. The minimum dimensions for each service are:

Standard/Expedited Parcel within Canada - 10cm x 7cm x 1 mm   4"x2.8"
Expedited USA - 21 x 14 x 0.5 CM.           8.25x5.5"

Xpresspost USA - 21 x14 x 1 cm                 8.25x5.5"

Small packet air U.S. & International - 14cm x 9cm x 1mm             5.5x3.5"

Tracked Packet USA & International - 14cm x 9cm x 1mm             5.5x3.5"

The calculator is working for shipping within Canada because those dimensions are over the minimum but you could send your less expensive items that are less than 2cm with lettermail within Canada, light packet USA and light packet international. You can use the calculator if you want for the last two although a flat rate works because light packet USA is the same price all over the U.S. for each weight group and the same is true for the countries that use light packet international.

Right now your Vogue pattern has $15.85 shipping to Alberta. If you used lettermail to send it, chances are that you would sell it much quicker but that is up to you of course. Stating in the listing for buyers to contact you for shipping prices doesn't work well because many buyers who see the $15 shipping in search on a $4 item won't bother to open the listing. Also, on some sites and for some categories, ebay requires that a buyer has to pay at the same time as the purchase so they can't make the purchase if there is no shipping price listed.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply