Buy Shop Canadian

As questioned in the weekly chat:

@happy_pigeon

Please don't take this personally, but, Piffle.

The sellers included in the Shop Canadian listings, offer Free Shipping (high caliber and excellent service doesn't seem to be a requirement) - once I discovered this, I changed some of my books to free shipping and they are now included.

To say "Collectibles does not have enough items" to be included as a category is wrong.  It is one of the categories with  a higher numbers of items and broad range of sub-categories.  For example:

In Buy Canadian categories:

Baby - has 9,753 all with free shipping

Craft - has 20,518  "         "           "

If you were to list the Collectibles category today for Canadian sellers there are 29,911,960 items and of those,  118,204 have free shipping.

So, I don't mean to be argumentative but your answer does not tell me why Collectibles is not shown as a category and since I sell a lot of Collectibles, as do many other sellers here, I would like to see it included in the list of categories or know, why not.

Thank you.

Jumping in to address some questions about the reasoning behind the items chosen to be featured in the Buy Canadian event.

This is a new event, so we don't have information from previous attempts to build on. In order to set it up for success as best they could, our Marketing team had to do a lot of work in researching items with broad appeal and deep inventory. We also needed to make sure that the sellers included were of high caliber and would provide excellent service to buyers who shop the event.

I don't know that Collectibles was specifically excluded; perhaps there simply weren't enough items that met these requirements. Or, there were stronger contenders in other categories.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Buy Shop Canadian

I'm sorry you don't agree with my answer.

This does not require its own thread. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply