Forum Posts

Something new in the ebay store.. a thank you card..

just noticed the store now carries a nice thank you card, that you can sign or personalize. I like this so I can surely use some of these.. Just for those who haven't visited the site lately..4-Color, eBay-Branded 5.5" x 4” Thank You Postcards Multi-...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

Free Shipping

I am feeling kind of stuck right now and not sure what to do. Ebay really pushes offering "free shipping" but they also push tracking your shipments but tracking outside canada is crazy expensive. I have two international customers open a case becaus...

• 22 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Shipping postcards and photos

Hi everyone, I have recently started selling postcards on eBay.ca. I used special self sealing rigid mailers and acid-free sleeves when I ship. These mailers can be sent via regular post (with a stamp) for usually about CAD$1.00. The issue I'm facing...

Gee, Ebay's favourtism towards Buyers

I can't even leave neg feedback against buyers who don't pay? I have 5 total in 2 weeks alone. that open a dispute is completely useless since it doesn't show on the member's profile the number of unpaid strikes. it is a hassle to configure the requi...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Item says deliverd but buyer says he was gone on vacation and says post office sent item back.

Hello, I sold and item from Canada that was shipped to Germany. It was delivered on May22 with confirmation. The buyer contacted me on June 4th saying he was gone on vacation and that the post office has sent the package back.... That if i receive it...

Sold listings not viewable any more...

When something sells I usually click on the link in paypal to see the item. Now I get: "The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you. " I don't want to look for a similar item! I want to see the ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Canada Post Solutions for Small Business questions

Prior to eBay moving to Shippo, I never had a Solutions for Small Business number since I didn't need one. Any labels I needed I did through PayPal, which I always understood to have better discounts. Now that both Shippo and PayPal seem to require o...

Late Shipment Rate

Because of low sales and busy full-time work I have forgotten that Seller Dashboard existed. A buyer recently told me that her book still hasn't arrived after 4 weeks, but she was agreeable to waiting for another week or so, but because of this messa...

• 19 replies
  • 1 helpful

Buy Shop Canadian

As questioned in the weekly chat: @happy_pigeon Please don't take this personally, but, Piffle. The sellers included in the Shop Canadian listings, offer Free Shipping (high caliber and excellent service doesn't seem to be a requirement) - once I dis...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay is phasing out "View Counters" on Listing Page

It looks like is eBay is phasing out the views counter at the bottom of the listing page. Some of my listings show 00000 in the counter while other listings are completely blank with no sign of the view counter. I have a feeling that eBay wants a mor...

Resolved! Shipping calculator is broken

Hello, The shipping calculator doesn't work on my listing for US buyers. I selected 'Canada post international parcel - Surface' as the shipping method for US buyers, but no matter what ZIP code a buyer enters, they receive an error: "Shipping cost c...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Return option deprecated?

I am getting this message every time I try to relist. Deprecated is not a word I use every day! I looked it up and it is "disapproved". Apparently my return policy on my listings doesn't include International returns, and rather than have to change e...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Paypal Payments

Received a payment today from a customer. The details show the correct amount of the sale but for shipping and handling shows a total of 0.00. Then the final total is displayed with the shipping amount included as it should. To my knowledge have neve...

I can't see how many views my listings have

For the past few days, 17 or my 44 listings are not showing any views even though prior to that they showed the number of views. The listings are showing watchers, but just have a -- (double dash) for views. The other 27 listings appear normal. Glitc...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Where has the search bar gone in our stores..???

I have gone into my store a few times, and the search bar is gone.. This is a pain, for buyers I am sure as they will have to weed through many items, But it is even a bigger pain for me when I want to sell a similar item, I have to take so much time...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Need help with my store

I am finding that my store is such a mess. When I open it, the 12 items I have listed on .ca come up first every time, even though the other 680 are on .com. All the shipping is shown as the Canadian rate, but I am opening my store on .com. In my cat...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

What happens if you know an ebay buyer died?

I hadn't heard from one of my best customers in quite a while (about 8 months). I know he was not very well, had Parkinson's among other things. I googled him and came across his obituary. Does his account go dormant or should I mention it to someone...

How do Chinese sellers afford free shipping?

It's obviously a very cheap method, as it can take 6 weeks to arrive. The packages have pre-paid labels, some through Hong Kong, some through Singapore, some apparently direct, obviously they are paying something - I've heard they get volume discount...

• 63 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! 'Start Using Seller Hub' but I cannot.... yet.... when?

I'm dying to have at Promotions Manager available only through the hub which is coming today. Except it isn't here yet. I've been trying since 6:30 am CST. Do we have an ETA? If it won't be available until later in the day, how much later should I tr...

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 10.12.39 AM.png
  • 54 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels