Buy has package but canada post has it not delivered

Good day Sellers,

I had a package sent to buyer, buyer has confirmed that he has received item, however canada post tracking has it not delivered with a note that notice was left at door. 

I contacted buyer stating this and buyer said he got it and said "they had issues where it was delivered to the wrong post office. 

I have tracking on it as well as signature required ($2,600 item in question). 

I asked buyer to confirm received of item with a pic, buyer sent pic of him having the item. I have asked buyer to contact the post office to have them update that he has receive item, so that ebay will see package confirmed arrived and will release my funds for the item. Buyer said he would. 

Buyer seems sincere, and is willing to help by going to the post office.

Questions:

Am I ok to get my money from eBay?

Has this ever happen to anyone else?

Many thanks for the help on this!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is an annoying situation, and based on what you've described it is unlikely that the tracking will ever officially be marked as "Delivered". It seems as though it was carded but then brought to another post office by accident - that post office should have entered it into their system and then delivered it normally to the buyer when he went to pick it up, but it appears that they didn't do that.

If the buyer "completes" the transaction, leaving postivie feedback and confirming they received the package before the latest estimated delivery date, then that should initiate the process of getting your funds from eBay (I assume your funds are just being held for a period of time because you're a new seller?). You might just need to wait out the time it takes for eBay to release the funds (I believe it's something like 6 days after the latest estimated delivery date).

That being said, this is concerning from Canada Post's perspective considering the value of this parcel. Did you purchase additional insurance coverage? Was there a signature on the item? If the latter, then Canada Post failed to do what you paid them to do. I would recommend opening a ticket with Canada Post as well - don't mention to them that the buyer has actually received the item - just open a ticket for "item missing" or whatever and leave it to them to figure out where things went wrong.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

byto253
Community Member

I am assuming that it is not displaying correctly on the Canada Post website, and it is not just Ebay not being up to date on what it is showing? 

I would recommend going to the Post Office in person, hopefully one with a good Manager, so they can check in to it.  Bring all you info of course.  Sometimes they have better access and may even be able to call internally. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Canada Post has it not delivered, but specified with "attempted to delivery" notification, but left a note on door that the package will be held at post office for pick up. Buyer has since picked it up, but at a different post office location, has verified he has it with a pic.  With track package button on my Ebay page, it has it as not delivered but has it "shipped" on my dashboard.

Canada post has it not delivered, but buyer has it, had to get it from a different location. Just wondering if this will screw up me getting my money.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

View the tracking on the Canada Post website.

Tracking when viewed on eBay cannot be trusted

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Link to the Canada Post website....

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/tools.page

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Yes I will keep checking back, buyer called to get it sorted and told me they were looking into it.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

This is an annoying situation, and based on what you've described it is unlikely that the tracking will ever officially be marked as "Delivered". It seems as though it was carded but then brought to another post office by accident - that post office should have entered it into their system and then delivered it normally to the buyer when he went to pick it up, but it appears that they didn't do that.

If the buyer "completes" the transaction, leaving postivie feedback and confirming they received the package before the latest estimated delivery date, then that should initiate the process of getting your funds from eBay (I assume your funds are just being held for a period of time because you're a new seller?). You might just need to wait out the time it takes for eBay to release the funds (I believe it's something like 6 days after the latest estimated delivery date).

That being said, this is concerning from Canada Post's perspective considering the value of this parcel. Did you purchase additional insurance coverage? Was there a signature on the item? If the latter, then Canada Post failed to do what you paid them to do. I would recommend opening a ticket with Canada Post as well - don't mention to them that the buyer has actually received the item - just open a ticket for "item missing" or whatever and leave it to them to figure out where things went wrong.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

great response!

Thanks for this. I had signature required on delivery. To cover myself, I emailed buyer thru eBay and requested that he reply to my email that he received package, as well as, to leave feedback, of which he did both.

I am a new seller, so I get it that eBay is holding funds (est. time was specified), just don't want this to be an issue of getting my money, but looks like it should happen, based on what was done by buyer (he was very helpful).

I will attempt to open a ticket "item missing" with canada post and see what happen, I agree that they should have notified me, i have had other sales that they have.

Thanks again for your answer, it was very much appreciated!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Even the Canada Post website can be wonky. I returned something to Amazon a few months back, and the shipping label they provided said on the website it was something received in Mississauga a year earlier. Bizzare. I had the agent scan it at the desk and she said it looked fine on her end.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply