Buyer asked me to free ship items purchased from other ebayers!!!

Hi Folks,

I’ve had a weird situation happen over the last few days!

I had listed some Steelbooks for sale with free shipping.

Up until now, my sales were good and transactions went smoothly.

On Friday June 21st, a buyer from California paid via Buy-It-Now.

They then sent me numerous messages via the ebay message system.

One of the messages asked me The dimensions of the package I would be shipping to them.

The next thing, I get a message requesting that purchases this person has made from other ebayers in Canada be sent to me so that I can Free Ship all their items in one shipment!!!!!!

I’ve cancelled the transaction after consulting with eBay (their recommendation) the item was to have been shipped on Monday morning.

I was given a reference number and notes were made by eBay in regards to the cancellation.

Now I’m getting insulting messages from the buyer and I have a feeling that this will create a negative feedback for me

I’ve blocked the buyer (as did eBay) but they can still message me due to having a current transaction which has a “Contact Buyer” link

Is there anything else I can do?

This has been a nightmare transaction and I dread any more messages from the irate buyer ☹️

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hlmacdon
Community Member

The process to follow generally speaking is call in, get an SR# assigned to the transaction, cancel the transaction with the reason problem with buyer's address, then if negative feedback is left call into appeals and reference the SR# and ask for feedback removal and go from there. Bit of a weird one you had there to say the least. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

hlmacdon
Community Member

The process to follow generally speaking is call in, get an SR# assigned to the transaction, cancel the transaction with the reason problem with buyer's address, then if negative feedback is left call into appeals and reference the SR# and ask for feedback removal and go from there. Bit of a weird one you had there to say the least. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you 👍🙂
I’ve got the SR number, so hoping any negative feedback will be removed.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

For the Messages, just delete without reading.

You should be able to recognize the nitwit's eBay ID and even his email address.

Delete. Delete. Delete.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Exactly, do not even bother reading the messages.

Delete, delete, delete

These kind of individuals are toxic and the Seller has made all the reports to ebay. I am pretty sure any negative FB will be removed.

The nerve of some people though !

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

lol wow, that's new... trying to use you as a free forwarding service eh? Some buyers have no shame.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I think this is a case of a buyer who actually believes shipping is free.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply