Buyer doesn’t pay

Hi, yes, l know this has been hammered to death over the last couple of years. I have my account set up for ebay to automatically open a non-payment case after 4 days, as this really does happen alot. So many times, and mostly by ebayers with high scores funny enough.....   I don’t have the time so best to just let ebay deal with it. But this has cost one free listing each time it happens. So why can’t ebay automatically just relist the item without using another one of our free listings?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Buyer doesn’t pay

mcrlmn
Community Member

"why can’t ebay automatically just relist the item without using another one of our free listings?"

You'd have to ask eBay that.

Have eBay customer service call you.

Bottom of the page.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Buyer doesn’t pay

... as this really does happen alot. So many times, and mostly by ebayers with high scores funny enough...

Only if you are selling by Auction.

Only about 15% of transactions are Auctions, and most of those have either a Buy It Now price or a Best Offer, either of which, if used by customers, end the Auction immediately.

The other 85% of transactions are Fixed Price and many of those use Immediate Payment Required,  a combination that leaves the listing available until someone pays or for 30 days - after which it automatically relists.

But this has cost one free listing each time it happens.

EBay recently increased the number of Free Listings to 200 for sellers without a Store subscription.

That's more than twice the number you have up at the moment.

Using the automatic UID is sensible for those who insist on using the dying Auction format.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Buyer doesn’t pay

@terence427427 wrote:

... why can’t ebay automatically relist the item without using another of our free listings?

Why?

Auctions come with the option of offering the second place bidder a chance to buy if the first place bidder fails to pay.

If most of your auctions only get one bidder, you should consider switching them to Buy-It-Now with immediate payment required.

-..-

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Buyer doesn’t pay

I was getting so annoyed with the non paying bidders and having to pay to relist when I've used up all my free listings, so i switched to all BIN with immediate payment. All that did was bring out the jokers who request a cancelation after they've paid (and so then i also lose money refunding).

There really should be a financial penalty for the buyer, shouldn't there? But no, we live in an Amazon Prime world. Cancelations, free shipping, free returns, two day delivery. And thanks to that, it's the expectation on ebay now, too!
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Buyer doesn’t pay

If that is an ongoing problem you are allowed to refuse the cancellation and instead go for the slower Unpaid Item Dispute, which returns your FVF and gives the deadbeat a Strike, which in turn helps all of us.

You do have your Seller Preferences/Buyer Requirements set to automatically Block any deadbeat with Strikes right?

Useful for both Fixed Price and Auction listings.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Buyer doesn’t pay

Hi, interestingly, l just did a quick on-line study about what would happen if you went to an auction somewhere and bid, and then didn’t pay (after winning). You would be kicked out and not welcome anymore. For sure there would be consequences.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply