Buyer got refund before item could arrive! Help!

At the beginning of January I listed a Terminator Bust for $500 US.

The buyer who is from the UK won the auction at $520 and requested the cheapest shipping.

The cheapest shipping with tracking came out to 220$ but the estimated ship time was 4 to 6 weeks. 

At the end of January (3 weeks later) the buyer requested a refund because he claims that the item did not come in. 

Ebay sides with the buyer and issues a full refund. 

I Appeal the decision and Ebay still over rules it and sides with the buyer. 

The tracking number says item is still in transit. It does not say when the item will arrive but the 6 weeks will be up Saturday February 21, 2015. 

So I put in a ticket with Canada Post to see what can be done. The item is insured but if it arrives at the buyers door step in the next two weeks and shows "delivered" I wont be able to claim the insurance. 

So what am I supposed to do? 

Im out of an item that initially cost me over 520$ + 220$ shipping + Ebay Fees of 110$ plus a paypal fee for having my money taken by ebay. 

What are my options? 

Kenneth V. from Ebay customer service suggested that I contact the buyer and request them to send the item back to me? 

This whole transaction has been awful!

Can anybody help me? 

Thanks,

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Never ship surface, never. Tracking means nothing with surface. Seller protection means nothing with surface. You ship airmail or you do not ship at all.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

So did I just lose my money? I understand that eBay could put a hold on payments or whatever but they just sided with the buyer. Do they not understand that some shipping options take more time? This is absurd! How can I get the eBay fees back? Or do they keep that too?

If this was 20$ I would be ok but this is over 700$!!!

How can ebay be so unfair to sellers?
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Once the tracking number shows that item was delivered contact paypal and they should reverse the funds. Tracking information for surface international doesn`t update until they basically have the item in hand. This has happened to me more than once. You have tracking and insurance and it will prove the item was delivered it will just take time. Good Luck.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The customer agent from eBay said that eBay has closed the case and that I should resolve the issue myself.

So they basically took my money in various fees and let the buyer keep my stuff.

So now I have to hope that the buyer is honest and sends me payment....

This just doesn't make any sense...

Where can I go to get help with this? Is there another ebay area? A different resolution center?
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The cheapest shipping with tracking came out to 220$ but the estimated ship time was 4 to 6 weeks. 

The cost of shipping is part of the cost of the item.

Every banana you buy has the cost of shipping from Costa Rica built in.

There is no point, as you have unfortunately learned, in making shipping cheaper. If the buyer can't afford it, he can't afford it.

Some sales are not worth having.

When you see that the item has been delivered, and for $700 I would be keeping a close eye on that, Immediately send a Paypal Send Money invoice for the full amount that the buyer was refunding.

If either of you have already left feedback, you can leave a Response to it indefinitely. Responses are not required to be positive. But wait until the buyer has paid or ignored the PP invoice.

Politely.--- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 6 of 6
latest reply