Buyer opened refund case about not received item...item was delivered a day after opening the case.

exp2884
Community Member

Hello, so last night I got a message from eBay saying that a buyer has opened a refund case, went to check and it was about a non received item, thought it was weird so I went to check the shipping code and it stated that during that day (May 26th) the package was dropped off at the delivery office, so I messaged the buyer in the refund case that the item was at the delivery office and will most likely go out for delivery, no response, so I thought whatever they will probably close it tomorrow or maybe eBay automatically will once the item updates to delivered.

fast forward to today and the item was delivered and the buyer still has not responded to the case, which is very frustrating and makes me anxious on if the buyer is still going to somehow win this or if I should call someone since the funds in my paypal have been put on hold which put the account in the negatives.

Btw throughout all of this the buyer did not message me once asking about the package, just opened the case randomly and had ".." in the comments of the case.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Buyer opened refund case about not received item...item was delivered a day after opening the case.

you need to respond again, through ebay case, with the tracking number if asked, then write that the item has been received,,  or you can politely write the buyer and say i can see that you item has been received according to tracking, may you please close the ebay action, as you have received your item, thanks

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Make sure to provide the tracking number directly in the case.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

problem is, i have done this. i have put all my messages through the case with them being updates of the tracking number and updated the tracking info many times and even asking for them to close it with no response.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I think at this point i would call customer service, and have them manually close the case for you.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The buyer can either close the case, or escalate it, or do nothing. If they don't escalate the case by a specific deadline, the case is automatically closed by eBay, which is the same as if they close it themselves. 

If you've put the relevant info in the case, including adding the tracking that shows delivered, you can probably consider it done with regardless of whether the buyer manually closes it. If the buyer tries to escalate it, presumably eBay will side with you. If the buyer does nothing, it will eventually close by itself at no consequence to you. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply