Buyer's Request - "Unable to Process your Request"

I have had two buyer's open a request on their item in the past month. When I've clicked on the notification from ebay and tried to view case details; "We are unable to process your request", has come up. The first time this happened I assumed the case had been immediately closed by the buyer and was opened by mistake. I did still contact the buyer and sure enough the item had not arrived which the buyer was reporting in the case but I was unable to do anything about it as I couldn't access the case. Eventually ebay stepped in to review the case and made a final decision issuing a refund.

The same exact thing happened with the second case. 

I personally didn't mind having ebay simply resolve the cases for me and automatically issuing a refund, as I would have had to do anyways as both parcels were sent without tracking (Canada Post Small Packets USA). Still, however, I'd like to know why I'm unable to look into these cases myself to avoid any issues in the future.

Thanks for any help on this situation!

-JOLP

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Just as a note, you really don't want eBay closing the cases for you, it might be easier but you get very nasty defects for that, and it does not take many of those defects to affect your selling ability/account.

Next time it happens, I suggest calling the help line and have them look into it while it is in progress.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Sometimes this can be a browser related issue where ebay and your browser are failing to communicate properly.  I have had this issue when attempting to sign into my ebay account.

Clearing browser cookies or switching to browser private mode or trying a different browser are some things to try.

-..-

Message 3 of 3
latest reply