Buyer's remorse PayPal case

Hello,

I have a first paypal case from a buyer.

I know they claim not as described because of buyer's remorse and I have proof of messages

also they stated that they can't modify the bag therefore they want to return it....

They also claim the bag is used which is stated in the description 

Now I can message the buyer a response and bombard them with the proof but should I ? I feel like I should escalate the claim to a case and then send the proof to paypal direct

I am not exactly sure what is the best I can do in this situation? do now know well how the paypal process works

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Accept the return! Since it's a PayPal claim not an eBay claim the buyer will have to pay for return shipping.

While it's not mathmatically impossible the chances you will win a NAD claim is EXTREMELY low.

Escalating to either eBay or PayPal almost never has a positive result for the seller.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Hello,

But it's a bogus claim and I have proof and messages from them ... ? 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Tell them to return the bag for a refund.

They buyer in a PP case has to pay return shipping.

Tracked shipping is expensive*.  International tracked shipping is even more expensive.

If they cannot show Confirmation of Delivery (not shipping, delivery) they cannot get a refund.

And with buyer remorse returns there are circumstances where the seller does not have to refund the original shipping.

So now your buyer spent money to return the purse,has no purse, and gets back only the selling price (less shipping). What with one thing and another, this could mean they are paying to have no purse.

If they don't return, they cannot leave feedback.

BTW- if they do return and get the refund, winning allows them to leave FB. Peek at my FB to see what is now possible.  Do you think most people would take that seriously. (The buyer and I are on very good terms by the by.)

*I see no reason to tell the buyer about least expensive services. They are grownup and can do their own research.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Feedback is not an issue here for me. 

Te buyer is in canada so shipping is not expensive.

Do I get to keep shipping cost both ways if I accept a return through paypal (what about the fees as well)?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

"The buyer is in Canada, so shipping is not expensive."

UH.... what??? Tracked shipping within Canada is hideously expensive.

Ebay is the only marketplace site that makes sellers pay for return shipping for a SNAD (regardless of any proof of buyers remorse, or lack of proof of actually being a SNAD). So if this is a PayPal SNAD claim and not an ebay claim, like the others have said, the buyer will have to pay return shipping. You won't get your original shipping back, but c'est la vie! At least you don't have to fork out $15-$20 for the return shipping!!! And their buyers remorse will cost them!
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Tracking within Canada starts at ~$12.00.

It is based on dimensions, weight, and distance.

And the buyer does not get a refund on that.

Further- Don't hold out too much hope, but if the buyer's attempted "modifications" made the purse unsaleable, there is even less reason to refund, but you may need to get the FaceBook or Twitter customer reps involved.  (They seem to be less burnt out and better trained than the overworked souls at Customer Service.)

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

they messaged me today basically "item not as described because the chain was added"

And I literally have pictures of the chain in the listing and they literally told me before purchase that the researched it and they think the chain was added. To which I replied ok. Then they attempted to negotiate and got a good deal. 

Now clearly they have buyer's remorse: 

They message to me today was that the chain was not as described because they can't remove it ....

It's all documented OFC.

I will for sure call PP tomorrow and see what they say and contact them on FB too. Obviously I don't know how quick the buyer can escalate it. I know there is deadline until case is closing but they can escalate it anytime. So since they opened the case around 8 pm today hopefully they won't escalate until tomorrow mornign when I call paypal and find out the process. 

Obviously if the case was with ebay I would have had no choice but PP is more open to review the case based on previous experience...

Message 8 of 8
latest reply