Buyer (who is also a seller) request return item

Did someone notice that most of buyer who open a return request item is also a seller on Ebay?

And maybe this kind of buyer (seller) try to have a partial refund to resell with the hope to have more profit.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Buyer (who is also a seller) request return item

It’s possible. It may also be that as a seller they are simply more familiar with all the policies and procedures so they’re not afraid to use them.

Or fussier.

Is the Return itself problematic? Or merely an annoyance?
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I haven't noticed any more returns from buyers who are sellers but that is probably because I just don't get any returns.

I do notice that most of the very few non-payers I get are also sellers and the buyers who give me grief over ridiculous things (and then attempt feedback extortion) are also usually sellers.

Often repeated on the boards...."sellers make the worst buyers" and after reading posts from some sellers and their attitude towards buyers I can understand why that statement can often be true.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I haven’t noticed that but have noticed that some sellers as buyers open a PayPal claim dispute after a couple days even though shipping states 3-17 days. I think they just want to take advantage of a new seller hoping for a refund as the options given buy PayPal are refund or give tracking and the item is untracked.

This is nothing that’s happened on this account but my Husbands selling account.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

How many instances have you found of this in the last 12 months?

Or are you just venting over a single recent instance?

But the 'partial refund' scam is certainly heavily used by re-sellers, although many buyers use it too.

If you are unsure about the situation, it may be worthwhile telling the customer "I regret your purchase is unsatisfactory. Please return it for a full refund."

While it is likely that nothing will happen, and the demand for  partial refund will disappear, be prepared to send return postage.

And the really scammy re-sellers can set up a buying account to hide behind anyway.

Note that it is now possible to purchase USPS labels through Shippo. Which takes care of one longstanding problem with international returns.

And of course, we have the Blocked Buyers' List.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

The last 3 open request of return by a buyer is also a seller on Ebay.

There no solidarity between Ebay`s Seller

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

seeing that you sell clothing, i can see a higher amount of returns.. i don't believe it has anything to do with the buyer also being a seller.

There is no way to base that on 3 returns.. The fact is that i believe everyone who is a seller, also buys on ebay..

I believe clothing would be the number one item for returns.. or it has to be close.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

What is your percentage rate of returns? Like the Return Rate. I sell toys, I think I've had a few returns over the years but it's not generally a high-return category unless the seller (me) misdescribes things or sends the wrong item entirely.

This Return here was actually totally my fault as the seller. Unlike 99.9 per cent of my listings, I used a stock image to list it in a hurry and picked a similar but different product in error. Technically, it was SNAD and, upon realizing my mistake, I totally paid Return shipping for the buyer in Australia. It was a good lesson to learn the hard wayThis Return here was actually totally my fault as the seller. Unlike 99.9 per cent of my listings, I used a stock image to list it in a hurry and picked a similar but different product in error. Technically, it was SNAD and, upon realizing my mistake, I totally paid Return shipping for the buyer in Australia. It was a good lesson to learn the hard way 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

If you take a critical look at your own listings, for example, do you think you could elaborate on your descriptions or add more photos, including some close-ups?

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Especially women's clothing which is notorious for wacky measurments.
That black leather skirt needs a hip measurement for example, although men's pants wouldn't (nor a men's kilt).
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Huh.
I mention kilts here, and my 'household' email got a message from Men In Kilts, who clean my gutters.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Alexa is watching you. o_O
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Ahh Alexa and her pals ... I'm still not sure whether I should laugh or hide.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

You read my mind; these news reports were exactly of which I was thinking.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply