Buyers cancel orders

Hello everyone,

Is there any limit on ebay how many buyers can cancel order daily ? I had 4 canceled orders yesterday some paid some  vinning bid.

It became horrible that people buy and ask to cancel order , the seller has to pay for their fault.

The seller must accept cancelattion , also must pay . And we can't avoid that situation.

Will ebay ever  make rules for buyers to ?

Thank you

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Buyers cancel orders

What are you paying (as the seller of a buyer cancelled purchase)?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Final value fee (variable component only. The $0.30 per order fixed amount will not be credited).

I got message from ebay after cancelation .The FWF will be credited on next Invoice , 0.30c is not refundable.

The buyers Requested Cancel Order  .

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I know I have had this happen too. It is a pain to deal with and you have to re-list the item but you shouldn't be charged any fees on a cancelled order. When you cancel an order there is a list of "reasons", one is "Buyer requested" - use that one.  The fee is charged when the payment is processed so if it is cancelled there shouldn't be a fee.

If it is the same buyer who cancelled all 4 you could always ad them to "Blocked Buyers" list since they probably make a habit of it. 

I use a lot of auctions for my items too and I think sometimes buyers try bidding on a few items (with different sellers) and think they can chose the lowest price one in the end. It's not fair for sure but I don't think there's anything other than blocking them from doing it in the future. 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Thank you ,

I remember there was no charges before MP when buyer ask to cancel order.Now with MP I don't know everything yet.

Those are 4 different buyers - 4 different Canceled orders.

2 canceled after auction ended , not paid  the oter 2 buyers paid then send Cancel Request.

One of the buyers who won auction and asked to cancel order  contact me with message" Note you didn't Refund my payment " ?

I replies that no Pyment has made . I contacted ebay CS immediate and ask them maybe they took payment from buyer  and I didn't get inform.The girl  from CS laugh and said the buyer doesn't know how to check Payment ? The buyer has 511 feedbacks  , sure it knows . That I was consider SCAM for me .

I can't see any charges in my account , will wait for Invoice .

It will not be fair from ebay charge seller if item is not sold.

So there shouldn't be any charges if Item is listed on ZIN  and buyer requested  ( paid or non paid transaction ) right ?

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

PP did charge a 30c non-returnable fee, which they started doing as I remember , after eBay was forced to sell PP off.

MP is just a little more transparent about it.

I looked at one on your listings

FR Fashion Currency Luxury wear Purse ONLY

and while I'm pretty sure you sell only dolls and doll accessories, you don't give measurements for this $2000 purse (or for some equally expensive earrings).

I wonder if some of your buyers are suddenly realizing they are not buying something they can wear themselves?

For the holiday season, which starts with Diwali tomorrow, perhaps it would be a good idea to drop auctions entirely, since they get ten times more UIDs and cancellations than Fixed Price listings.

Use instead only FP/Immediate Payment Required, which gives you 30 days visibility or until someone actually pays for the item.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Thank you very much, the purse price was wrong it's  $20.00.

There is category and brand for Dolls . I sell most in Dolls and bears Category.

Some people only watch pictures , don't read  .

Thank you for advice .

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I'm not sure if it is the same if the buyer already paid but that would be showing in your "processing" if it was in the works. Yes, one would think a buyer should know if they paid or not...but never take them at their word without checking your own account too!

There would not be a charge for buyer requested cancelling when not paid. If they had already paid on a BIN that may work differently...I haven't had that one happen myself.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@msau4301 wrote:

There would not be a charge for buyer requested cancelling when not paid. If they had already paid on a BIN that may work differently...I haven't had that one happen myself.

If a buyer pays and then asks to cancel sellers are refunded all fees EXCEPT the 30 cent transaction fee (same as it was back in the PayPal days).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Thank you very much.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I agree this is very annoying.

100% of my sales yesterday (only 2, but, still...) resulted in the buyers submitting a cancellation request almost immediately after paying for the item. In both cases the sales were to the U.S. and the cancellation reason was some variant of "will not arrive in time". Which I mean, fine... I have my flat rate shipping at "Economy Int'l" in order to give myself the largest window of time for delivery... but for some reason the buyers are only noticing the estimated delivery times AFTER they purchase and pay for the item?

I'm out 32 cents for each order ($0.30 + tax), which I know isn't a lot, but still it's very frustrating. I don't see why I should be punished for buyers that change their mind after paying.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

pansy19 said: "The seller must accept cancelattion "

Not true. All of my items are BiN with immediate payment. I decline all cancellation requests and ship the item.  Contrary to popular belief, this does not result in a return.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Thank you.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@pansy19 wrote:

Hello everyone,

Is there any limit on ebay how many buyers can cancel order daily ? I had 4 canceled orders yesterday some paid some  vinning bid.

It became horrible that people buy and ask to cancel order , the seller has to pay for their fault.

The seller must accept cancelattion , also must pay . And we can't avoid that situation.

Will ebay ever  make rules for buyers to ?

Thank you

I've had several situations where a buyer has cancelled and that 30 + 2 cents GST(AB) was pulled from my bank account immediately. Most annoying when there is no way to leave a balance in pending/processed other that the paid weekly option with crossing fingers. On some bank accounts there can be a transaction limit per month. Anything above and beyond is charged. That amount can be 1.25 per incident. Most annoying on 32 cent transaction. This was never an issue with PayPal when you could hold a balance.

Example: RBC Day to Day Banking. Limit 12 debits per month. 1.25 per additional debit.

-Lotz

Message 14 of 14
latest reply