CAN A BUYER FILE A DISPUTE AFTER HAVING LEFT A POSITIVE FEEDBACK ON THE PURCHASED IT ?

i  sold  an  item  and  after   purchaser  receives  item  the  purchaser  leaves  positive  feedback  saying  item  arrived  and  all as  described .

20  days   later  files  a dispute  saying  item  not  as  described  because  it  was  missing a  knob . 

i  thought  that  when  a  buyer leaves  a  positive  on  the  purchased  item  ,  buyer  cannot  open a  dispute  on  that  item .

i was  told  this  by  an e bay  rep  a  while  back  and  now  i  complained  only  to  be  told  that  i was  misinformed .

that  is  the  kind  of  people  working  on  e bay  !   most  or  all  of  them  do  not  have  a  clue  as  to  what  they  are  doing . 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

CAN A BUYER FILE A DISPUTE AFTER HAVING LEFT A POSITIVE FEEDBACK ON THE PURCHASED IT ?

Basically eBay offers a 30 day Money Back Guarantee.

So an item may work fine for 25 days then break down and a refund demand is allowed.

You posted about this before didn't you? I seem to remember the knob being "missing" from an As Is/For Parts lot.

Even if you have a No Returns policy,  you still give Refunds.

But you can, in spite of your policy, demand the return of the original lot. You will probably have to pay for the return shipping. With tracking.

If you described a For Parts lot merely as Used or Not Working or Not Tested, you will lose the dispute.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

you  are  missing  the  point !  my  concern  was  that  the  buyer  first  left  positive  feedback  saying  all was  as  described  ,  the  dispute  was  filed  20  days after  the  feedback  .  

and  that  is  was  is  puzzling  me  .  how  can  one  say  all was  received  as  all as described  and  then  turn around   and  be  able  to  file  a  dispute  as  not  as  described  and  win .

what a  system !   its  like  one  robs  a  bank   and  the  banker  is  at  fault  and  gets  penalized by  the  law.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Positive feedback isn't related to the claim process at all so yes, you can get a positive feedback and still have a claim opened against you.  There can be situations when a buyer is happy with a product but later realize that it is missing something or leave a feedback for the wrong seller. Either way, ebay isn't going to argue with the buyer about it.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply