CANADA POST LABOUR NEGOTIATIONS

This was in my emails this morning.

At least they are starting in a reasonably timely manner, and not making the workers wait a year or more as they have in the past.

Keeping you informed...We promised to keep you informed and to be transparent throughout the collective bargaining process – and as Canada Post continues to deliver for your business, we wanted to provide you with an update.Negotiations continue with the Canadian Union of Postal WorkersCanada Post continues to negotiate with the Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW) to renew our collective agreements with CUPW’s two bargaining units. Our collective agreements with CUPW expired on December 31, 2023 (Rural and Suburban Mail Carriers) and January 31, 2024 (Urban). With negotiations ongoing, the expired collective agreements continue to apply for CUPW-represented employees. The parties continue to meet and have productive discussions.We remain committed to the bargaining process and our goal is to work collaboratively with CUPW to reach negotiated agreements. We’re committed to keeping you informed with updates throughout the process.As negotiations continue, our normal business operations do not change.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

like in previous negotiations this will drag out years before theres any job action.  CUPW is pretty useless as unions go 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I have postie friends who do the door-to-door delivery and I can assure you this is no way near a conclusion...

...in fact, it's middle management that is under the chopping block with all the new tech and AI being implemented over at ole Canada Post.

Oh, and they want all the posties to be "Part-Time" savings, savings, everywhere...

Message 3 of 3
latest reply