CJ dropshipping

tealten
Community Member

I am new.  What I have noticed is that perhaps the manufacturers have created eBay stores and they are selling at wholesale prices.  Maybe at this stage they need to move as much product as they can.  This means I cannot use CJ to drop ship as the mark up is making my listling totally unattractive.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

CJ dropshipping

Yet another reason dropshipping is a poor business model.

In addition to competition from hundreds of other resellers using the same supplier, you are now competing with the manufacturer/wholesaler.

The other reasons not to dropship are that you have no control but take all responsibility.

The supplier gave you the pictures, the description, the packaging, and the shipping.

You gave the supplier money and the names of the customers you found.

You take all responsibility on eBay for the pictures, the description, the packaging, and the shipping.

If something goes wrong, eBay and your customer expect you to take responsibility.

Which means, in reality, refunding the unhappy customer.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

CJ dropshipping

Bad thing for you, good thing for literally everyone else.

Just show how dropshippers is something we don't need. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

CJ dropshipping

byto253
Community Member

Manufactures and distributors are not fools, if they see lots of drop ship sales they know there is money on the table they can easily access.

With drop shipping you really need to find the niches and be flexible to move on when the competition gets to much.  Rough business drop shipping!!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

CJ dropshipping

Know what you sell, Sell what you know!

since you are one of many drop shipping cheap made in China junk that's flooding the ebay site and the internet, most folks won't even care ...

Not everyone wants to wait to have their product shipped from China...

There are still folks that want product from sellers who ship directly to the buyer.

Perhaps it would have been in your best interests to have selected a better, more unique product line, a product line that you could ship directly to the buyer...but then again some sellers just want someone else to do all the work...

Successful selling is about the product, its uniqueness, quality, supply & demand, target market,etc...

Message 5 of 5
latest reply