Can I buy postage/shipping label directly through Canada Post or do I have to do it through eBay?

Hi,

I haven't sold an item since the 'new' 'improved' eBay and see that shipping for an item I just sold would cost MORE through eBay than it would through my Canada Post Venture account.  Like $5.00 more on eBay.

Can I still purchase directly through Canada Post and then enter the tracking through eBay or do I have to purchase the shipping through eBay?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Can I buy postage/shipping label directly through Canada Post or do I have to do it through eBay?

You can buy directly from Canada Post or via paypal/shipnow or via goshippo.com (if linked) to use the full discount of your Venture1 aka Solutions-for-Small-Business membership.

eBay Labels currently only gives a level 1 discount -- a disadvantage for any seller with a higher discount level.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You can buy directly from Canada Post or via paypal/shipnow or via goshippo.com (if linked) to use the full discount of your Venture1 aka Solutions-for-Small-Business membership.

eBay Labels currently only gives a level 1 discount -- a disadvantage for any seller with a higher discount level.

-..-

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you!

Yes, my CPC discount is higher than what eBay offers.

I still can print out the shipping label through eBay though, correct? Sorry for being so out of the loop on these new features.

cheers,

Gail @ moltencore

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Shippo is the 'go-to' shipping label for eBay.

Click on-> bell icon at top of page-> Click on Your Item Sold title-> you are directed to Shippo.

You can also print labels from your Paypal payment.

And Canada Post offers SnapShip, but you have to enter all the buyer's info yourself.

https://sso-osu.canadapost-postescanada.ca/lfe-cap/en/login?stepupId=smb_mode1,consumer,commercial_l...

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Just curious...are you able to print CP labels through eBay?  I didn't think that was available yet for most people. If it is available to you though you can use it but I would use Shippo instead since the different discount levels can be used there.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I want to buy my postage directly through my Canada Post Snapship account. It is the cheapest for me, cheaper than eBay's Canada Post option. I don't want to start using another service like Shippo.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@moltencore wrote:

Hi,

I haven't sold an item since the 'new' 'improved' eBay and see that shipping for an item I just sold would cost MORE through eBay than it would through my Canada Post Venture account.  Like $5.00 more on eBay.

Can I still purchase directly through Canada Post and then enter the tracking through eBay or do I have to purchase the shipping through eBay?

Yes!

You can buy all your labels through Snap Ship. It's not a big deal.  You have to TRANSFER the address from your eBay solds.  eBay has a function that allows you to do that with one click. Just be sure to check the info after.  For example all eBay phone numbers have a "1" in front. That has to be deleted on Snap Ship. No big deal.

SOME ADVANTAGES WITH SNAP SHIP: 

1. With Snap Ship you're Canada Post's customer. You are supporting Canadian workers. All of your money stays in Canada. Canada Post keeps your money instead of paying commissions to other countries. 
  2. Your CP business account shows up on your CP dashboard. You get all the credit for your label purchases and you can see your totals unlike using Shippo who takes credit for your labels.  If you spend more than $2500 per year Canada Post bumps you into an even better discount.
  3. If you have an issue, like I said, you're Canada Post's customer.  Having issues with Shippo can be frustrating. 
  4. Purchasing and printing labels is very easy. In a single interface you have access to all the Customs info and tariff numbers. You have ALL of the following options that you do not get with 3rd parties. For exapmple: Do not safe drop, Leave a card, Leave the package, Get a signature (free)  and a dozen more options are offered before you purchase the label. You don't get those options on 3rd party. Some only apply to domestic labels though. 
  5. You can store a credit card. Shippo doesn't give you Canadian Tire points although you may be able to give them your credit card but you are sending your pursonal data out of the country.
  6. If you have an insurance claim over $100 you only deal with one company = Canada Post The 3rd party companies have a 2nd insurance company to deal with for claims over $100.
  7. In the Shap Ship interface it asks you if you want to schedule your orders to be a picked up. No one else does that.  A great feature if it's snowing like mad. Costs a couple of bucks. 

DISADVANTAGES 

1. The maximum insurance  available through Canada Post is $1000. 
  2. You have to copy the addys to your clipboard and paste into Snap Ship or get some software to do it.
  3. You have to copy the tracking numbers into an eBay box.
  4. Canada Post doesn't have a service for return labels from other countries. Shippo has a work around for US return labels.  That said you have to be very careful about having the buyer deliver the return item to a USPS outlet within 3 days of you printing the label.
  5. Shippo has a handy dandy printable Customs Manifest for overseas orders. You have to provide the tariff number manually. It's a nice feature but you can just convert their PDF into a Word doc and make your own. Yes, Canada Post labels say "Manifest Not Req'd". I attach them externally anyway. That's another story for another thread...

Message 7 of 7
latest reply