Can Pocket Knives-Switchblades & Hunting Knives be sold on Ebay?

Can pocket knives-switchblades & hunting knives be sold on Ebay? I have some vintage ones to sell.  Also what countries can these be sold to? Was only going to sell to Canada & the US. Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

mcrlmn
Community Member

The pocket/'jack' knife is fine.

I don't believe there's a restriction on fixed blade knives either.

Basically as long as it looks like a knife and not like a credit card or belt buckle for example.

In Canada a folding knife is illegal if:

• "It has a blade that opens by centrifugal force, when, with a simple and brisk outward flick of the wrist, the blade is released from the handle into the fully ejected and locked position; and
  • It requires some preliminary or simultaneous minimal manipulation of either a flipper or other non-edged parts of the blade."

So... gravity, centrifugal, and switch/automatic knives are illegal.

If it's designed as a weapon it's probably illegal.

The Buck jack knife in your backpack is fine.

The knife you carry must only be used as a tool (a.k.a. utility knife, hunting knife WHEN HUNTING, etc.).
Not concealed or with intent to cause harm; this includes self defense.

This law is about intent.
This means if you’re caught with a knife that’s concealed on your person while in a location you don’t require a knife to be used as a tool, you may be in for a bad time.

In Canal Flats, B.C. there's a sign on the hotel door, "Check your knives at the bar."

1488137192_43_132_1.jpg

Sounds like not much has changed since I was a teenager.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

Can pocket knives-switchblades & hunting knives be sold on Ebay? I have some vintage ones to sell.  Also what countries can these be sold to? Was only going to sell to Canada & the US. Thanks

DO NOT offer ANY kind of knives to the UK! Canada and USA are fine.

No switchblades at all, ever to any country.

Knives than can open with one hand are either banned (flickknives) those that can be opened with the aid of a thumb post are questionable and risky to list even though the later are completely legal.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply