Can a bear tooth ( not a fossil ) be sold on Ebay ?

Can a black bear tooth ( not a Fossil ) be sold on Ebay

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Not allowed Bear products such as rugs, as well as bear parts—including those from polar bears—such as claws, gall bladders, or teeth. Alaskan Native clothing or crafts with anything from a bear also can't be listed. http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/wildlife.html
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It is one thing to have this item... it is another thing to have a regulatory authority  knock on your door and ask...

Where did you get it??

You have told us in an open forum....  that can be accessed by  anyone on the internet..... that you have this bear tooth..  or more...

I know of some interesting stories... about endangered species.... this one is about the whopping crane.

A dealer in antiques was able to find a pair whooping cranes that had been mounted.... He paid good money and was prepared to sell them.

The Wildlife service showed up...  at first it was  ... Do not sell!

and then these whooping cranes prepared through taxidermy  were confiscated.....  The Wildlife service  was afraid that this sale  would promote further sales... and by so doing promote  the killing of Whooping cranes....  an endangered species.....

It was about 10 years ago that I did find a stuffed Mallard duck.... and described it as required by eBay....

Fortunately it sold to a buyer in Vancouver.... Had it gone to a US Buyer....  I could have ended up in hot water as it passed through customs....

It is most important to read what is not allowed on eBay....Best to leave it alone and not list, let alone eventually have it sold.

I did see other stuffed Mallard ducks... but left them for someone else to buy and resell.  As a matter of fact  I let the people know that without proper provenance, they should perhaps not sell this stuffed Mallard

There are many items that should not be sold on eBay.... or restricted  in what can be sold.   The best things to do is ... Do not list... and above all do not sell.... on the internet  or otherwise 

Selling it locally can be a problem... as the Wildlife Service is always vigilant ... and word gets around.... as it did with  those whooping cranes 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply