Can anyone confirm if UR numbers show as tracked in Italy?

Just got a request to ship to Italy. Wondering if I use Small Pkt will the UR numbers show up as delivered in eBay when going to Italy. I know Lotz thought they might but can anyone confirm?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Italy is one of those countries that is iffy even with a regular tracked shipping method....I stopped shipping to Italy many many years ago as shipping to Italy & the postal system in Italy is  totally unreliable!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

I looked into that recently as well, and my understanding is that the UR only works for items going to the US as USPS scans everything that moves and eBay has tight integration into the USPS info system.   So no luck for international. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

Just got a request to ship to Italy. Wondering if I use Small Pkt will the UR numbers show up as delivered in eBay when going to Italy. I know Lotz thought they might but can anyone confirm?

@vintagenorth 

@byto253 

They ones I can confirm from personal testing  are a small hodge podge of European (Scandanavian) countries, Portugal, Spain and Slovania. You have to use the local postal services website to track/confirm. (Link attached).

The other 1 that I found that worked besides USA (showed up in ebay tracking) was 1  to Cyprus. That freight got filtered through customs in Jamaica, NY before going overseas. You will see the following message:  “ISC New York NY, Processed through faculty,”. If a parcel departs Canada via Mtl I have never noted any outbound scans in CP.

https://www.upu.int/en/Universal-Postal-Union/About-UPU/Member-Countries

-Lotz

Message 4 of 4
latest reply