Can feedback be given after a partial postage refund?

c-yag
Community Member

I was on the US .com discussion boards and read that once any sort of refund was given by a seller to  buyer, the buyer can then not give feedback.-regardless of the reason for the refund. I wondered it that were true for Canada? I am a new seller and trying to build up my market sales. I work hard to be fair as a seller and issue postage refunds if the dollar amount is over 1.00 difference in the hopes of receiving good feedback and potentially more sales. I have noticed that no-one mentions my refunds in my feedback results and if I am indeed blocking some of my best customers so they can't give feedback. I wonder if I am shooting myself in the foot so to speak. Any advise? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

c-yag
Community Member

Sorry for any confusion. I asked the question while still logged into my collecting ebay account. My selling account is Tuckhouse2021 and I have about 120 feedback so far. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Not true! At least not for partials.

If a buyer requests a cancellation it's possible that feedback is blocked for both parties but for partials it absolutely is not.

I give out quite a few partials for shipping discount, I would estimate that one in several hundred buyers mention the partial refund in their feedback.

Most people, both buyers and sellers leave boilerplate feedback comments, if you check you will usually see that the glowing feedback you received is the same comment the buyer leaves for all sellers. You might get feedback that says "most fabulous seller on eBay" but if you look at the feedback left by the buyer you see they have left the same comment 100 times for every transaction.

I see you leave "Great Service" for every purchase, do you ALWAYS have "great service" never even a puchase that is maybe "not so great service" or "better than great service"?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Keep in mind that eBay does not use feedback to assess member accounts and that feedback is voluntary.

However, for new sellers while the number of feedback is important to build a trustworthy reputation, a single negative will drop your rating disastrously.

Sometimes, when a member has an existing buying account, it makes sense to turn it into a selling account and use the newer one for buying.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply