Can't close unpaid item case.

Well here's another new ebay glitch.  Opened an unpaid item case after 6 days.  The buyer paid almost immediately after I opened it.  Since it no longer shows up on my main page I assumed it automatically closed when payment was received.  Got a message from buyer today asking if I can close the case.  When I clicked on the link it shows the case is still open. 

Problem is the only options showing to click on are that I haven't received payment or that the buyer and I have agreed to cancel the transaction.  There is no button to end the case since I have been paid.  When I look in the Manage orders page it shows an ebay note stating the case is open and I'm awaiting payment.  A few inches to the right it shows a little blue dollar sign saying payment received!  Anyone have any idea what is happening here?  Seems a bit bizarre.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@forester_studios 

Had the same situation recently. Solution compliments of tyler@ebay 

The quickest way to go about closing it is to click 'receive fee credit'. The system will double check for payment, indicate that we see you were paid and give you a 'close case' button. When the 'close case' option was listed as a quick option in the drop down we saw a heavy increase in members accidentally closing them and then requesting manual credits. Adding an extra click has helped reduce the number of accidental closures. 

Worked like a charm. 

-Lotz

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for the helpful information. Wish ebay had sent a notice to sellers about this change. Once again thanks for the help on this, much appreciated.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@forester_studios 

Happy to help. I was a bit surprised when I was told that was the solution. Sounded a bit counter-intuitive.  As others have noted the "appropriate" choices for problems are not always available and causing folks to choose the "close enough" option or the alternative.."Something randomly" and then there is no way to correct after the fact.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes I didn't want to click on the fee refund button and mess things up. Why ebay didn't notify sellers of a change so important is a mystery to me. Thanks again!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply