Can't seem to print a shipping label for a customer in China??

I can't seem to print a shipping label to China, even when I go into the PayPal summary and click where they paid. I try the shipping label option there and nothing, just takes me back to the summary page. The labels will work for my other clients, just not this particular one.

Help?? Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Are you getting a particular error code? It may be the there is a language character being used that paypal shipping cannot identify.

You might have to taker this to the postal counter to get it done. Oh, and make sure you use a tracked service to China.  

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

There are Chinese characters, that must be the issue. Many thanks for your help!!

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Do you happen to know if I can edit the address somehow? Most of it is in English and I know what the Chinese characters stand for.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Power to you if you can translate them BUT that is a slippery slope because paypal Seller Protection dictates you must ship to the address on the page. Edit Address will allow you to do exactly that: edit the address. However, should your tracked package go off the rails and end in an Item Not Received, you might find yourself in hot water for having altered the buyer's address on the postage label. It might be difficult to find a Customer Service rep with paypal who can see you translated it from Chinese to English and didn't just mess it up somehow more. Do you see the conundrum here? 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

From Selling Manager - Sold

under the "Actions" column next to that transaction, select View Sales Record

Click on the Move>> to fill the address box at right

It should be the English address.  If so Copy and Paste (Control C - Control V)

Good Luck

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Posting here because I just received my first ever order from a buyer whose address is in Chinese characters. If I'm able to print it out from my computer as is, does Canada Post accept it and translate it after the fact?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Does the address have the country as China in English?

If so, that is all you need so it can be sorted by Canadian postal workers and machines here in Canada to the China shipments at the Canada Post Distribution Center and then sent on its way to China. Once it arrives in China, the Chinese postal workers can read and understand the rest of the address to send it to the correct address of the buyer in China.

Same thing for Russian Cyrillic addresses. All you need is the country in English or French here in Canada to get the package on its way. Once in the destination country, their postal workers can read and understand the address details.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I was told at the postal counter that 'no one reads anything anymore, it's all just scanned' so if you take that as gospel, as long as you've got barcodes and tracking, you should be safe. No?
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Chinese is one of the official languages of the Universal Postal Union.

The entire address could be in Chinese and it would arrive (eventually).

But do add CHINA in roman letters to help your friends at the postal terminal.

The other languages are French, English, Russian, Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, and Arabic.  English was only added as their working language in 1994. The main language of the UPU is French.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I send packages using manual CN22 forms for Light Packet and Small Packet and use discount postage. No barcodes. Dropped in the corner mail box. They all arrived. Must have been scanned and the address read along the way and maybe some barcode added. Who knows except the buyer.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I have sent multiple packages to other countries (not China yet though), and some of them have had crazy names in other languages. I just do what I always do for international packages and they have all arrived alright. Honestly, if you are really worried about sending packages with a foreign name, you can translate it with Google.translate.com...

姓名 = Full Name

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply