Canada Post 2021 Letter mail Rates

From what I am seeing on the Canada Post web site there are no price changes to Letter mail as of todays New Pricing Jan 11/2021.  Am I reading this correctly?  I ship a lot of goods using stamps and letter mail and just want to make sure that I am reading the numbers correctly. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Apparently that's right.

There are changes to the parcel rates but not to letter rates.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Apparently that's right.

There are changes to the parcel rates but not to letter rates.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for your response.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It's true!

What is also true....next year they will double dip!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I suspect it is moreso because lettermail is dropping and package volumes are increasing, makes sense to put the increases on the lines of business that are increasing.....not fun for us though....
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

And of course, the post office does not require Parliamentary permission to raise parcel rates. Only domestic letter and Registered.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Trying to remember when added volume did not translate into added revenue?  Hmmmm?

-Lotz

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:
I suspect it is moreso because lettermail is dropping and package volumes are increasing, makes sense to put the increases on the lines of business that are increasing.....not fun for us though....

If that was the reason why did they wait until this year? Lettermail volumes have been dropping fast for at least 2 decades.

This is nothing more than a feel good move, would not look good to increase letter rates a couple of pennies in the midst of a pandemic.

Like I said, look for a 4 or 5 cent increase next year instead of a couple of pennies this year and next year.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Well that is a good theory too.... I didn't make that connection with the double dip comment, understand it now.....
Message 9 of 9
latest reply