Canada Post Delays for BC

Just wondering if anyone else was having difficulties with shipping Canada Post Lettermail to BC?  It seems most of my items are now taking a month to get there and I'm getting lots of requests for refunds.  I was told there was a backlog due to fires but wondering if anyone else is having an issue like this.  Thanks

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Not to Vancouver Island or to the Lower Mainland or the Kootenays.

Most of the wildfires are further north. My nephew is firefighting in the Prince George region today.

His mum put a photo on FaceBook

20953017_1557567460960381_280310654238191411_n.jpg

Ben is the taller one (He's 6'4").

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

More to the point, are you using Confirmed Delivery ?

Most DVD sellers stick with LetterMail/Light Packet which are untracked.

And that's fine for items you don't have a lot of money in.

Or where your customer demographic is not very 'entitled', looking at online purchasing as a contest.

You could try extending your handling time, while still shipping within 24 or 48 hours. That gives you a longer period before eBay thinks your shipments should arrive.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Check your destination postal code against the buyer's address. If it's on the Red Alert list, send them the CPC link and politely ask them to patiently wait awhile longer.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hope he stays safe!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@lachnrd wrote:

Just wondering if anyone else was having difficulties with shipping Canada Post Lettermail to BC?  It seems most of my items are now taking a month to get there and I'm getting lots of requests for refunds.  I was told there was a backlog due to fires but wondering if anyone else is having an issue like this.  Thanks

I've seen one report of this by a seller on the A-river forums. Canada Post does have a pop-up banner with BC fire info. Lettermail is shipped by transport truck, so can get delayed by highway closures.

I have not had a problem (shipping from south-western Ontario), but all my recent oversize lettermail has either only gone to major cities or addresses outside way outside the fire zone.

Suggestion: for your listings change your Canada Post Lettermail (2 to 6 business days) shipping option to the generic Economy Shipping (1 to 15 business days) choice -- it will give you some extra delivery time to protect against early claims.

-..-

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

Suggestion: for your listings change your Canada Post Lettermail (2 to 6 business days) shipping option to the generic Economy Shipping (1 to 15 business days) choice -- it will give you some extra delivery time to protect against early claims.

-..-

I Just did that so hopefully that helps in the future.  Thanks.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply