Forum Posts

Are eBay.com & eBay.ca not speaking anymore?

Please tell me I'm not alone in noticing this... Tonight I had a buyer contact me through eBay Messages to ask what sort of offer I'd accept on a "Best Offer" item (I was on .ca, the buyer was in the U.S., so likely on .com). Normally I don't care fo...

2017-08-07-BestOffer-NoMsg.jpg 2017-08-07-BestOffer-NoMsg-.CA.jpg
User avatar by Community Member
  • 29 replies
  • 0 helpful

Has Paypal got a new game on eBay?

Briefly tonight -- and only once -- I noticed Paypal offering payment terms on one of my listings on .com, along the lines of "Pay only $X per month for 12 months!" If I'm not mistaken (I only looked quickly at the "small print"), I think the interes...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is it legal for Ebay to charge a percentage of the shipping costs? It does not seem ethical to me.

Shipping is a necessary cost and should not be part of the amount that eBay is charging. Is it legal for eBay to be including this cost as part of the selling cost. Sometimes shipping has cost more than I calculated and I end up with a very small pro...

'eBay Glitch Impacts Mobile Buyers and Sellers'

Somewhat gratified to see I am not the only person heartily annoyed by this. http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2017/8/1502131577.html I did however discover I could get back to my Selling Manager if I clicked on My Summary and went at ...

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 10.16.13 AM.png
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Canadian seller GST/PST question

Hi All, Wondering if someone can help me understand the GST/PST charged on sales. I am based in Quebec, Canada and my GST/PST is 14.975%. I don't have a store and am not incorporated. I just sold an item for $115. On the ebay invoice the buyer was ch...

Resolved! Refund request buyer stated did not authorize payment

I have a buyer in the UK saying they did not authorize a payment for a pattern. I don't understand, does this mean that anyone can purchase an item and then claim they didn't authorize it, and get the payment refunded and keep the item?

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay users "no longer registered"

I noticed on my block list that I have many 12345678@deleted. I am not comfortable with that. I put buyers' id usernames on the block list and eBay suspended them with 12345678@deleted. Should they come back on eBay and then I have to deal with them ...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Need some advice re a return

I sold a Sterling silver (was marked 925) bracelet last month. Yesterday i got an item not received notice from eBay. When i checked it was for this bracelet & there was a message from the buyer saying she was disappointed as when she polished it, it...

Resolved! does anyone know how ebay calculate gst on fees?

does anyone know exactly how HST on ebay fees are calcuated?on a sale of $31 the fees are $3.21 for a store they should be $2.79 + 13% .46 = $3.15can anyone answer this question. I called ebay and spoke to Reg said she doesnt know. she tried to find ...

Pictures Disappearing From Listings

I have noticed another glitch in eBay the last 2 days. Pictures are disappearing not only from some of my listings but also when I am searching for items from other sellers on eBay. Very annoying as showing pictures sells your items more than just de...

How can I offer free shipping top both Canada and USA?

A lot has changed over the years at eBay. I want to sell something and have free shipping to both US & Canada buyers but there does not seem to be an option for that. I don't care that I'll be losing money; I just have to clear some items out - if th...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

It's easy to make an eBay seller happy!

Bought some IK EA furniture to update my guest room. Only an eBay seller would get so excited about the nice really thin but strong cardboard inside the boxes! Took the best part of 2 days but managed to put the 6 drawer chest together myself. DH kee...

Closing then re-opening store

Just wanted to share a little something I hope will be useful & save you all some money!I have 2 stores (one Premium Yearly & one Basic yearly). My Basic store yearly contract ends on Sept 1. I wanted to make a change now that there's no more early t...

Resolved! Question notification does not go away

After answering a couple of question from a potential buyer, the notification is still there. Does it take awhile to disappear, or is there something I can do to make it go away? Tia(thanks in advance)

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Anyone else having problems listing??

using .caFor 2 hours now spinning "creating listing" this is right after entering the title, scrolling down to "Continue without selecting a product" (98% of product info wrong)I have phoned and reported but very if/when we get to it attitude. Do I e...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Fixing images using the revise item image loader on .com

Having major issues with images for .com listings. Both show in Turbo lister but only 1 seems to upload to Ebay. I can muck around with TL, delete all images, readd, synchronize, and both images will be on the listing. I am trying to revise the image...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Payment Reminders: auto-generated

Has eBay changed its policy on the auto-generated Payment Reminders sent to buyers? It used to be one was sent 48 hours after purchase if no payment has been submit. Today, I see that hasn't happened when it should. According to my Sales Record which...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

no recourse to refute lies

I had an item 5 copies of a photo magazine cover and sent them to a friend which I have done for years Now I get them back and list on ebay and some buyer says it is a fake and a photo copy .If he is not happy and wants to return item no problem but ...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

'Sell as a Lot'

How does it work, to 'Sell as a Lot'? I've tried for the first time today and every time I added it to my multiple-qunaity item listing, it didn't 'take'. I had ten that I wanted to group together.

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 5.33.55 PM.png
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

New "Item Sold" Notification Email PT II

Just noticed that of course, not only is the buyers name/address missing from the new notifications but, the eBay sold email only shows the item cost, Nothing at all about the shipping/handling/etc. Example. eBay Notification Email Congratulations, y...

• 20 replies
  • 0 helpful

Where's Waldo? I need him.

OK, I give up, and I'm so busy today I admit I don't have the time to look through all the recent shipping threads to find this information. So guys, where did Light Packet labelling end up? Is there still anywhere a beleaguered eBay seller can get a...

• 56 replies
  • 0 helpful

How do I PM tyler at eBay?

Asked tyler a question on today's weekly chat and have to send him a message. How do I send a message to him? Having a senior moment here I guess.Thanks!

The July 2017 invoice, FVF, Store fee and GST

Just got my invoice for July, 2017..... and it took me a while to figure out what the numbers meant.. The new fees included ....... Final Value fees..................................$____.__ Subscription and one time fees........$ 314.95 ------------...

• 1 replies
  • 1 helpful
Labels