Forum Posts

No More Name and Address on "Sold" e-Mail

Whenever I saw the e-mail that I had sold something, the first thing I would look at was whether the buyer was in Canada or the U.S. The last couple of days, the e-mails I've received simply state "Congratulations, your item sold and it's been paid f...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 20 replies
  • 0 helpful

Another way for Ebay to filter listings they show - off the US boards and gets more scarry every day

"We are going to create a filter that allows buyers to look at only those products that have free returns, and only those products that have returns. "We think that's a great way of delivering on a new kind of buyer expectation. ... "Our sellers then...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! need help with return

A buyer purchased a book from me and then found that she already has it. She wants to return it, I am fine with that, but I need to know how to go about it so that I get me fees refunded.

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

10 Offers on Best Offers

It occurs to me that allowing ten offers on Best Offer backfires more often than it doesn't. Where I would once counter with my best Best offer (because the buyer and I only had three chances to work it out) now I counter with my ninth best Best Offe...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Active Content - I Need Help!

So I ran the eBay Active Content Scanner on my listings on this ID. Only one item was identified and it was the Yellow Category. Targets Only If the "Repair Links" option has been selected in settings, then items with only link issues will turn yello...

Active Content.jpg
  • 30 replies
  • 0 helpful

Problem with the boards???????

I think we have a malfunction at the junction: Threads with last posts in June are mixed up the the last posts in July threads. OOOOOPPPPPPSSSSS

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Announcement: CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS EBAY CANADA LAUNCHES 13TH ANNUAL ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR AWARD

The Announcement comes from earlier this week but no one has discussed it yet and I just wanted to flag it in case people forget to check that section. http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/07/25/8028/ It's a nice honour for the right applicants, and I w...

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 12.38.41 PM.png
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Don't feed them after midnight

Last night at a few minutes past midnight CST, my entire store and all my 1143 listings vanished for approximately five minutes. All I saw was a red error message asking me if I'd like to subscribe to a store, and then when things began to materlaize...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

CP "Solutions for Small Business" Question

A few weeks ago (June 24, to be exact), I signed up for a Canada Post "Solutions for Small Business" account during the process of creating a Shippo account. From my understanding, I'm supposed to receive a membership card in the mail to use at posta...

There Are Days

The longer I'm at this, the worse it seems to get. There are days when I seriously wonder what's wrong with people. They are miserable and nasty! Okay, rant over...

Ebay Open 2017

If any one is interested, there is a post on the US boards with a bunch of videos from Ebay Open 2017. Here is the link http://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-Open-2017/bd-p/open2017

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

What website to use to include pictures in my descriptions? Photobucket no longer working...

Hey! I usually include a picture in my listing descriptions. Since a few days ago, I was using Photobucket but they've taken down all my links out of the blue and I can't seem to find another site doing something similar. I only have like 3 or 4 pict...

The extortion tactic of a buyer.

I sold a set of golf clubs through eBay. More than ten days after the receipt of the item, the buyer contacted me about the crack in the shaft and demanded a partial refund with a threat of negative feedback.But he does not want to return the clubs.A...

• 33 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Does TRS US really improve search results?

I read that on an official ebay page but just wondering if anyone has personal experience about making top rated US and if it increased their impressions/sales? Making global TRS didn't change much for me but I realize most people use ebay.com. thank...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Confusing Paypal message...

New message from paypal: "Reversals - Please be aware that the payment may still be reversed (e.g. if it is subject to a chargeback), even after you have sent the item to your buyer. Complying with PayPal's Seller Protection and following the trading...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Re: Changes on .com layout

I've read that many are not incredibly impressed with the new layout / design changes on .com seller hub and can in general concur. The item in question got two bids, but there's no option for sending out a second chance offer? One thing that we noti...

Screenshot from 2017-07-26 17-50-35.png
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Markdown and Promotion Manager information

From the US boards courtesy of penguins_dont_fly seems there are changes coming. Here is the post: http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Markdown-Manager-to-be-merged-with-Promotions-Manager-in-the/m-p/27268542#M1011278 and the direct link to the info...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Where do I find an eBay order Number?

Does anyone know where I find an eBay order number? I've looked everywhere and have been asked for one by Shippo for a sold item that doesn't show up and I need to ship. I did notice that Shippo does show an eBay number when you access their site und...

Resolved! Why do Non-US buyers do not leave feedback?

Are they Englished=-challenge. I am not griping, just perplexed. it iss part of his/her responsiblity. I have done my part to provide the best service. Shouldn't I receive a proper feedback? The 4 buyers I am referring to are are based in NJ, eastern...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels