Forum Posts

Proof of Concept: New Lightweight Parcel Product

Here's an interesting note that was sent to post offices last week. Seems like Canada Post is working on a new option for sellers to ship lightweight items relatively cheaply within Canada without having to send them Lettermail. Seems to be a very ba...

Sales report in US dollars

All my sales reports are in US dollars. They were so adamant about Can $ on .ca, why can we not have our reports in Can$ as well. Is any one's sales reports in US dollars as well?

User avatar by Community Member
  • 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Private Feedback?

I didn't know there was such a thing as private feedback.i just learned of it tonight after I went to check this buyer, who is giving me some troubles, feedback.Surprise.....even if he/she has almost 900 feedbacks really you can see any. I don't thin...

• 27 replies
  • 0 helpful

Cdn$ keeps moving UP (US$ moving down)

It was not that long ago (early May) that one would get about Cdn$ 1.37 for every US dollar. Two months later, the current rate is below Cdn$ 1.27 for every US$. https://web.tmxmoney.com/forex-quote.php?qm_symbol=$USDCAD Sellers listing and selling i...

Using padded envelopes are now all small packets?

Went to mail 2 tiny padded envelopes to the US today and was told, as of today anything that is send in padded envelopes is small packets mailing, therefore doubling the cost.My postie said this just came down today, and he was surprised by it also. ...

• 48 replies
  • 0 helpful

I've noticed eBay upping the advertising campaign....

I've seen a few general ads on TV now, they appear to be geared more toward a younger audience though. However the good news is that a couple times now I've received a specialized email through a US stamp publication that points one towards eBay, ie ...

• 17 replies
  • 3 helpful

ebay is advertising like crazy lately.

I'm not really a fan of their latest campaign, but they are definitely spending money for lots of adds. I hope it works, and it boosts all of our sales. Good luck, and all the best to every seller.

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! We've all had these days where you spend eight hours searching high and low for that thing you sold

I just had the most frustrating day. I spent almost seven hours searching for a single item. I looked through every one of 350 boxes in my work area and came up empty-handed on the item that sold that I was certain I still had here. Accepting defeat,...

• 11 replies
  • 4 helpful

Counter offer wait time

Had a lowball offer on a listing. When I went to counter, the location showed as Arizona, so I calculated shipping using the zip and state which showed. Now it appears the buyer is in Alberta (I looked at her feedback). Do I still have to wait 48 hou...

Those days you wonder how ebay dev projects get approved...

It looks like they've decided to tinker with the order management (awaiting payment/shipment/etc) pages. Looks like it is just on .com for now. Instead of a clear and concise format we get a more cluttered layout with unnecessary product images. CSV ...

• 22 replies
  • 0 helpful

Frustrated with Canada Post. Package going nowhere

Those of you frustrated with GSP, would be no better off with Canada Post. Sent package 4 days ago from Kelowna BC. It's still sitting in Richmond BC going nowhere. It went in the complete opposite direction to destination, and there it sits. This ha...

Automated Sales Tax filing

Hello Fellow Ebay Sellers, I know that a company called TaxJar automates the sales tax filing process. My Question - Is there any other company like TaxJar for Canadian Sales Tax automation? I would be extremely grateful if anyone tried to suggest an...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

problem whit a buyer

Maybe someone can help me ,,,,I sell a item last mont whit tracking number and sign (Policy no return) and the person dont go to the post office to get it......its paid but maybe she change her mind but dos not tell me.....the post have make a atempt...

Does tracking # mandatory for returns

Hello, I sold an item to a buyer in Germany. Item was quickly paid and quicky shipped. Upon receiving the item, the buyer filed a not as described case. Item had a 2mm scratch that was not mentioned in the listing. I agreed to have it returned. Buyer...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay opened a case because of an issue with an item purchased from you. We reviewed the case and hav

Hello, I had a buyer open a case for item not as described but clearly the buyer bought the wrong item and he indicated in his return request that he bought the wrong item but want me to pay return shipping. He then escalated it to ebay and seems lik...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

NO option for light packet to the USA on Paypal label????

I am HOPING this is a one off/glitch but for the first time in 15 years of printing labels off of Paypal, the drop down bar did NOT offer light packet as an option - it was totally missing. I plugged in the dimensions (25"x10"x2" -- 70 grams) as I ha...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 62 replies
  • 1 helpful

New Seller Looking for help

Hi everyone, i'm new to selling on ebay, i've been selling clothes now for 4 days and have about 22 items listed, a few views on most items but no sales I know it's only been a couple days but i was wondering how long it took other people to make the...

Going to the US to ship an item

Hi, has anyone sold an item to someone in the US, and drove it across the border and shipped the item from the US to save on shipping costs? If yes, are there any procedures or rules that I have to follow when crossing the border from Canada to the U...

shipping fees

why are sellers being allowed to charge 2X to 10X over the actual cost to ship ?

• 18 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is it time for eBay to drop Guest Purchasing?

When I put in the topic Guest Purchases, I got five questions all the same.How do I track my purchase?From newbies who were (probably) scammed and who cannot figure out how to get their money back. Will those Guests ever buy on eBay again?Will they t...

Labels