'Sell as a Lot'

How does it work, to 'Sell as a Lot'? I've tried for the first time today and every time I added it to my multiple-qunaity item listing, it didn't 'take'. I had ten that I wanted to group together. 

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 5.33.55 PM.png

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

'Sell as a Lot'

I think I'm just too dumb to figure this out. Do buyers use it, or does it only serve to confuse them too?

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 5.50.27 PM.png

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

'Sell as a Lot'

I  believe you are over thinking things..if you want to sell a lot of something you put 1 in the number, in your first photo it should show everything you are selling in that auction or buy it now. then you can show items separately in other photos, the lot definition is just so the buyer knows they are getting everything in the photo. 

some sellers take one photo of 6 things and state you are only buying one -multiple quantities listing.

where you are telling buyers they are getting everything in the listing --lot listing.

hope that clears things up. and this is to the best of my memory..

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

'Sell as a Lot'

Maybe I am overthinking it. I assumed 'Sell as a Lot' would magically transform the listing into a bundle where the number of identical items purchased was made abundantly clear somewhere in the listing outside the seller's Title and Item Description. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

'Sell as a Lot'

For the record, this was where I was trying to use it. 

http://stores.ebay.ca/McQueen-and-Mo-Mater/LOOT-BAGS-/_i.html?_fsub=19196967016

I recently had a mishap where a buyer bought one of 25 available from this http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Disney-PIXAR-Cars-BIRTHDAY-PARTY-LOOT-BAG-Random-diecast-character-GOODIE-GOO... and assumed she would receive ten. This was on the original listing which is only for one and used to be the only listing for Loot Bags I had available. Trying to see some constructive criticism in her misunderstanding the situation, I split the quantity and created a new, separate listing for exactly that with a price to reflect it. 

So, I am looking for some reassurance it is clear what the buyer has a right to expect when making a purchase such as this. I had hoped 'sell as a lot' would provide that but I guess it doesn't do what I thought it would do. 

It was an unpleasant exchange between the buyer and I, and one that I would hope to avoid in the future.

I don't like to lead people to disappointment. I realize I set a price for a quantity of one item that was too high at the time and set an expectation based on that for something that wasn't there despite not being promised in the first place. The former pricing of the one item was neglected fallout from this time last summer when courier shipping appeared to be the only choice and I had to hike item cost to reflect it or change all my Canada Post calculated shipping settings. (Long story.) 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

'Sell as a Lot'

i clicked on your link for the multi quantity listing, and it is concrete obvious to me that you get 1 bag, 1 car and 1 pack of stickers.... you can't always please all buyers..but we sometimes go to far trying too.  i think your listing is fine.. my opinion obviously, but as older sellers we have seen almost all of it.. in one way or another..

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

'Sell as a Lot'

I sell some yarn and to me "sell as a lot" means i am selling a number of skeins of yarn all together in one lot. See item 371034878132

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

'Sell as a Lot'

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I think I'm just too dumb to figure this out. Do buyers use it, or does it only serve to confuse them too?

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 5.50.27 PM.png

reverse the 10 and 1 and you will have 1 lot with 10 items if that is what you are trying to sell

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

'Sell as a Lot'

If you are trying to sell 1 item and you have 10, you just list 1 with 10 available

Message 9 of 9
latest reply