Canada Post Expedited Lite Return Label

Does anyone know how to go about using the Canada Post Expedited Lite rate for a return, or if that's even possible at this juncture? Just want to make sure I'm not missing something. I tried swapping the addresses on a new label as if it was being shipped the first time, but the system refused to generate a label.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Last time I had a return, there was an option for eBay to generate the label with their system. It pops up when you go through the prompts to accept the return. 

I think it defaults to Expedited Lite, and then you would probably be charged more if the return weights more. The order I had a return for was not originally sent Expedited Lite, but it stated that was the return service. 

Keep in mind, you may want to provide the buyer with simple and straight forward instructions on how to package the item and to not use a box or add additional material because it needs to stay below 200 grams. A buyer may think they are being courteous by packing your item nicely, but if it puts it above 200 grams it won't qualify for Expedited Lite. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I didn't realize that eBay generated return labels on .ca. but then I haven't had a return in a while.    Any  idea when that option became available?  If it was an expedited lite label it may have been a recent change.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It actually didn't/doesn't default to Expedited Lite but rather Expedited Parcel from the look of things, which is why I was wondering if I had another option since that would be considerably cheaper. Alas, it appears I may need to just accept what they're offering, as even doing a workaround wasn't successful.

Nevertheless, thank you for the tip at the end there. Good reminder.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

So expedited lite is NOT a return label option then? Has this changed?
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I don't get an option to choose a different label. It just says "Label Cost" and the amount, which I can tell isn't capturing the Lite rate. Could this label option be limited to sellers who accept returns?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply