Canada Post Problem with Parcel Not Being Scanned

Hi Guys,

I've been selling on ebay for years anything and everything whenever I upgrade my phones and electronics.

This past weekend, I parted out my gaming computer and sold most of it on ebay. I bought Expedited Parcel labels using Paypal.

I dropped one item off on Monday to a Post Office within a Canada Post in a local Shoppers Drug Mart. It was a video card worth about  $175.00. I gave the parcel to a Postal worker behind the counter and left.

It is now Friday and the item still does not show as Accepted in the Post Office. I've never had this happen before.

I called Canada Post last night and they are putting an investigation in. 

My question is this - I physically gave the parcel to a woman. My ebay buyer wants to know why it hasn't shipped yet when It did, the day he paid.

Am I going to be totally screwed over here because the item was scanned? I did buy full insurance to cover it, but I'm concerned since it was never scanned, they will use that as a out.

I know for sure if Canada Post screws me over, I'm going public with this in newspapers and Social Media big time.

Anyone ever have any experiences like this?

I recommend you make them scan the item before you leave, right then and there.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Canada Post Problem with Parcel Not Being Scanned

I was expecting a package from Ottawa, it was scanned as 'accepted at post office', then I check tracking again, and the item was 'processed in Montreal'.  I have no idea why it would end up in Montreal since the package was going west to a town in Ontario that is less than two hours away.  I called and spoke to a manager in Montreal who says she has no idea why it ended up in Montreal.  I asked her what the postal code was on it and she would tell me, she asked me to confirm it for her.   About half an hour after the conversation I check tracking, and now it scanned from Montreal again, as 'in transit'.  That was on the 11 June this year 2015.  I'm just mystified as to how it ended up in Montreal, the only thing I can think of is there is a same name street in Montreal as my street.  But the postal code was written correctly on the package.  Now have to wait til Monday to see what happened to my package.

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

@pandora.mith wrote:

I was expecting a package from Ottawa, it was scanned as 'accepted at post office', then I check tracking again, and the item was 'processed in Montreal'.  I have no idea why it would end up in Montreal since the package was going west to a town in Ontario that is less than two hours away.  I called and spoke to a manager in Montreal who says she has no idea why it ended up in Montreal.  I asked her what the postal code was on it and she would tell me, she asked me to confirm it for her.   About half an hour after the conversation I check tracking, and now it scanned from Montreal again, as 'in transit'.  That was on the 11 June this year 2015.  I'm just mystified as to how it ended up in Montreal, the only thing I can think of is there is a same name street in Montreal as my street.  But the postal code was written correctly on the package.  Now have to wait til Monday to see what happened to my package.

This thread is from 2 years ago!!!!

Because Ottawa is a hick town that is not on any distribution route, it would have to go to either Montreal or Mississauga for processing

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 22 of 31
latest reply

Thanks for answering anyway 🙂 I didn't look at the date 😉

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

@pandora.mith wrote:

Thanks for answering anyway 🙂 I didn't look at the date 😉

Canada Post (August 2014): some of the mail that was processed in London and Hamilton will be handled by Toronto, while some mail that was sorted in Ottawa will be processed by Montreal.

As I read it, parcels dropped off at a postal outlet in Ottawa will be processed in Ottawa.

But parcels dropped off in an Ottawa mailbox will end up going to Montreal for sorting.

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

I read that too... however, the parcel was dropped off in postal outlet in Ottawa, sent to montreal, now it's been in transit from montreal since the 11th.  Spoke to Canada post manager this morning in my town, she says it can take 3-5 days.  I do understand at this point that it's normal for parcel to go to montreal.  Cept, I just don't understand why it's been in transit since 11th, today is the 15th (barring weekend) I think I should have had this today.

I've really thought about every scenario, they never count the first day, parcel was dropped off on the 10th, on 11th it was in montreal, processed at 10:16am, showed 'in transit' at 12:26pm, then nothing, it's still in transit.  the latest it could show up (although I fail to see how it could take more than 3 days to get from montreal to my location which is 1 1/2 hour west of Ottawa) is the 17th, which is 5 business days not counting the first day.  If it's in transit, where the heck has it been for those days.  Sitting in a bin somewhere in montreal?  Sitting in a truck? Sitting in a ditch on Highway 17?  Who knows with Canada Post.  🙂

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

Collector. Really need to chill.

Canada post service is quite good for the price. For parcels you really can't get any cheaper on Canada and even to the US they are very cheap. You can't expect champagne service on a beer budget.

Be nicer to the staff. They likely work for less money than you. If your packages were going missing I would feel otherwise. However you are getting delivery. Just missing a scan. Petty much?
Message 26 of 31
latest reply

A Very old discussion.....

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

ullrcoll
Community Member
I had similar problems. I sent a package and it never got past saying in was accepted by post office. No updates. No nothing.
Message 28 of 31
latest reply

The ZOMBIES are out again!

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Who keeps diggin up this 4 year old thread?

Message 30 of 31
latest reply

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 31 of 31
latest reply