Canada Post Small Packets USA - Air No Tracking

katoro-4
Community Member

I sold an item with Canada Post Small Packets - USA - Air. In the shipping

section it says NO tracking. But Ebay notified me that the item was received

by the the customer  and there was a tracking number. Just wondering why

is says no tracking then. Since this service is much cheaper  for the customer, 

why offer the more expensive Expedited shipping option?

Many Thanks for the help

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

As per Canada Post, No, there is no valid tracking for Small Packet...However the UR code DOES work for tracking here on eBay(No other selling site accepts that code for tracking, not even Canada Post site).

BTW,  at the current time, and until December 31, 2023, eBay is offering deep discounts on TRACKED PKT, which is indeed CHEAPER than Small Packet and has a valid tracking number.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Relly? Because one of my customers opened an INR several weeks ago and I clicked on the tracking number because I forgot I sent it small packet and it showed no movement since day one
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Was the "tracking" number a UR number?   Did you click on the number on the Canada Post site through yoiiur account?   If you have the UR number, you need to upload it to the eBay site, and in a day or so should show you the tracking - as @mrdutch1001  indicated that only works on the eBay site.   And no idea if it will update after delivery. 

If you do future small packet, be sure to get the UR and update it in the eBay tracking when it is sent.  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@byto253 wrote:

Was the "tracking" number a UR number?   Did you click on the number on the Canada Post site through yoiiur account?   If you have the UR number, you need to upload it to the eBay site, and in a day or so should show you the tracking - as @mrdutch1001  indicated that only works on the eBay site.   And no idea if it will update after delivery. 

If you do future small packet, be sure to get the UR and update it in the eBay tracking when it is sent.  

Because @katoro-4  is in Sask. it will be about 4 or 5 days before tracking shows up at LAX. Sask and west go by way of Richmond. Mine from Calgary don't show tracking until day 4. They occasionally show preparing for transport when they reach Richmond, but not always. Then it's usually 3 to 5 days more for delivery. With tracked being default using ebay labels unless you prepare through another sources shouldn't be many more Small Packet air getting processed.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 Good tips. Thanks for the info about eBay offering deep discounts on Tracked Packet.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@byto253 Yes you're right. It was a UR number.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

sorry im dumb..what is a ur number? what do you mean by download it? I dont anticipate needing to worry about this till the new year because of the grate deal weve got, but after that I will. thank you
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@cutie.loves.beauty wrote:
..what is a ur number?

On a small packet label look below the bar code and you will see the UR code.

small-packet-usa.png

Message 9 of 9
latest reply