Canada Post online customs form sender autolookup seems to be broken today

When I put in my address, autolookup shows it but when I pick it it changes it to some address a couple 100 KMs away. 

I put in my neighbours and it picked a different address a couple 100 kms away.

The PO had to over-ride the address (even though I manually put it in) at the PO to get the wrong address to be dropped.

So if you're an over the counter kinda person sending tracked/small packets, keep an eye out today!!!!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Hmm the plot thickens.

If I put my moms address in, it is AOK.

I put some other addresses around in, they're ok.

All the neighbours I tried in my wee village were wrong, some coming up as far as BC (I'm in ON!).

So it appears to be something wrong with my local village, my mom is in the next wee village 4km away.

Perhaps it is the postal code that is screwed up....

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

When I put in my address, autolookup shows it but when I pick it it changes it to some address a couple 100 KMs away. 

I put in my neighbours and it picked a different address a couple 100 kms away.

The PO had to over-ride the address (even though I manually put it in) at the PO to get the wrong address to be dropped.

So if you're an over the counter kinda person sending tracked/small packets, keep an eye out today!!!!

@ricarmic 

I had 1 early on "experience" with the tool. Customer typed it in a slightly weird format (poor spacing). When I corrected it found addresses but none for the applicable state. I was able to override the tool when I used Shippo. Not sure if you can with eBay Labels etc. The system also can get a bit confuzzled when tested with a newly built homes with un updated address.

(As a side note it might be very easy to have the system default inadvertently to an incorrect address if you weren't watching super close. )

-Lotz

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I've had a similar problem with the Canada Post look up postal code sites but in all cases it was because the town/city name the buyer used was different than the CP one.  I think it some cases it was because the area they were in had been 'assimiliated' by a larger city. I notice that happens a lot in the Toronto area.  So CP would find another town or city with that street name and show me another city altogether.

I'm not sure if how I"m explaining it makes sense. lol

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The only address lookups that are wrong are the "Froms", and so far only from my village, although I don't have time to test extensively. All the "Tos" are correct (only had US addresses though no international).

Neighbour on one side doesn't look up at all, neighbour on the other side is a BC address (when you click on it, it shows the correct address but selecting it changes what is populated!)

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

PM called it in, a known problem, no eta for resolution.

Don't know who all it affects besides "me"......

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I should have realized that it was the 'from' area that you were talking about. That is very odd.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

It is fixed this morning....

Message 8 of 8
latest reply