Canada Post solutions for small business

I have been using Canada Posts solutions for small businesses and have reached the second level of savings,anyone else using this card,if so how have you passed this savings onto buyers,I'm using ebay shipping calculator for larger items is there some way I can reduce the prices and still use the shipping calculator,if so how much Canada post site lists a savings of up to 28 percent on parcels within Canada and up to 40 percent on international parcels,but you have to look up the prices depending on postal codes.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You can set up a discount for calculated international and domestic shipping in your site preferences.

account -site preferences - shopping preferences -offer this Canada post shipping rate -edit

Have you compared the discounts that you are now receiving with the discounts you would use PayPal to print your labels?  I believe the PayPal discount is 18% off of counter prices for expedited parcel in Canada and the US;  14% for tracked packet USA and international and 8 or 9 % for xpresspost.  There is no discount for small or light packet.  The discounts have changed over the years so I might have made A mistake on the percentages but someone will correct me if I did.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@newfoundland_store wrote:

I have been using Canada Posts solutions for small businesses and have reached the second level of savings,anyone else using this card,if so how have you passed this savings onto buyers,I'm using ebay shipping calculator for larger items is there some way I can reduce the prices and still use the shipping calculator,if so how much Canada post site lists a savings of up to 28 percent on parcels within Canada and up to 40 percent on international parcels,but you have to look up the prices depending on postal codes.

Don't get too excited, Canada Post bought through PayPal for many services is equivalent to tier 2.

Last time I checked...

Expedited Parcel discounts to Canada:

Tier 1 (under $2500/year): up to 9% off
Tier 2 ($2500-5000/year): up to 14% off

Canada Post via PayPal around 15% off

Tier 3 ($5000-7500/year): up to 22% off
Tier 4 ($7500+/year): up to 28% off

-..-

So for eBay Shipping adjustments: I don't. I put any extra into my virtual insurance jar.

Much of what I have has "free shipping" included in the price.

For international I often have a handling fee. If the extra

discount for the shipping service used came to more than $2, then

I'd consider lowering the handling fee. But until that happens, no.

-..-

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for both replies,I have added a handling fee in the past,I will remove the handling fee,and see how that works.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

thanks for both replies,I use expediated parcel,so the 14% is not as great as I thought but I have added a handling fee to my parcels,I will remove the handling fee.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply