No more US dollar listings on eBay Canada.

It is August 3, 2016

No GTC  listings in US dollars can be listed on eBay Canada......starting today

If there is a GTC listing in US dollars on eBay Canada, as of today....  It will be ended when its 30 day listing period ends...

Good-bye US dollars on eBay Canada.....

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Just took a quick walk through my saved seller list

One seller still lists GTC in US dollars,  and the listing has Canada Post  as a shipping option.. A key indicator of a potential problem

Wonder how many sellers will wake up to find their listings  ended today?

Message 2 of 46
latest reply

The listings will not end today nor tomorrow.

The system will not allow new listings but GTC listings renewed before the cutoff date will be allowed until they sell or end during August.  They will not be renewed.

Message 3 of 46
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

One seller still lists GTC in US dollars,  and the listing has Canada Post as a shipping option. A key indicator of a potential problem

Why would you consider that a special problem?

It's been true for sellers in US$ on eBay,ca for the last 3 months. The seller either converts to CA$ and keeps Canada Post or switches to eBay.COM for US$ and drops showing Canada Post shipping.

-..-

September 1 will be the last day to see US$ listings on eBay.CA

Message 4 of 46
latest reply

Special problem...  for some sellers.

There are Canadian sellers  on eBay Canada who are totally unaware of what will happen to their listings as of August 3.

I had one contact me.  He has converted all of his listing to Canadian dollars., and will stay on eBay Canada.

This seller knew  that a conversion was required, but was unaware of what will start happening as of today, August 3...

Sellers still have time to make a change.....  but August will pass quickly 

Message 5 of 46
latest reply

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2016/08/02/7859/

There is an announcement today which explains how the noncompliant GTCs will end.

Message 6 of 46
latest reply

I'm not getting something.

I list on com. I go looking on ca for my listings. I use generic search terms, get results, filter Canada only. My listings show in search in CDN $. Go to the listing and it shows the listing in US $ with CDN below.

I am listed on com and my listing show up in a Canada search in Loonies. Why would I need to list on ca? I use free shipping, mostly, so that actually helps me undercut US sellers.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 46
latest reply

When I view your listings on ebay.ca I see

US $124.99
Approximately C $163.24

I would skip your offerings to search for a seller who listed in CAD because i resent having to buy from a Canadian seller on Canadian site who lists in a foreign currency, that's why.

But that's me. Maybe other people don't mind paying for foreign currency exchange, or don't realize it will actually be a higher amount in CAD exchange on their VISA bill after being processed by paypal. 

Message 8 of 46
latest reply

The ones where the currency is displayed in italics in the List View search means it's a foreign currency.

If there was a straight-up bold price, you'd be looking at CAD among them.

Here is what I see: http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_odkw=disney+cars+time+trvel+lizzie&LH_PrefLoc=3&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_...

Guess which one is mine? 

Message 10 of 46
latest reply

I'm not seeing what you are seeing. That is interesting. i have to come at this from a different search perspective. All I am seeing is straight up bold, no italics.

Photobucket
Message 11 of 46
latest reply

Really?! Can you do a screenshot? Are you for sure looking at this on ebay.ca? Maybe something has changed and you are a test subject.

Message 12 of 46
latest reply

Its an option at the top beside best match.  View>customize and you can select what is shown "Convert prices to Canadian dollars".  The default is to have convert to CAN$ on

Message 13 of 46
latest reply

I don't see that option to convert.

Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 12.55.53 PM.png

Message 14 of 46
latest reply

Where do you see it? 

Message 15 of 46
latest reply

where it says view to the right of where ti says best match.  the box there

Message 16 of 46
latest reply

i have no box there. 

Message 17 of 46
latest reply

you do in your screen cap.  click it

Message 18 of 46
latest reply

Interesting, thanks. The extra details in that box are new. Just for giggles, I tired it both ways and still don't see what Elmwood is describing. With the option to Convert to CAD:

Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 1.16.46 PM.png

Message 19 of 46
latest reply

Without the option:

Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 1.17.26 PM.png

Message 20 of 46
latest reply