Canada Tax not collected, even with Canada tax table?

Hi there,

I've been reviewing my HST Remittances and I have noticed that tax has not been collected on most of my Canadian Sales. The tax table is active for all provinces. Any ideas?

tax collected.JPGtax table.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If I recall, when you first activate your tax table, you have to manually edit all your listings so that the tax table is activated on older listings. Simply creating a tax table does not bring the listings up to date. For something simple like this, you can use the mass editor and change 200 listings at once. 

If this is the issue, I would guess you registered to collect tax sometime last year and just didn't notice that your previous listings weren't edited. It would be an easy mistake to make. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Do you have the tax table turned on for each listing?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/143987413189 for example has no sales tax collected.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I have no idea what might be causing your issue (I presume you have had the tax table in effect for quite some time?)

Just wanted to report that GST/HST is being collected on all my Canadian Sales including yesterday an today.

Just had a look at a couple of your listings, some have the tax table enabled and some don't. Is tax collection a recent thing for you? If so you might need to revise any listings that were running before that date.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If I recall, when you first activate your tax table, you have to manually edit all your listings so that the tax table is activated on older listings. Simply creating a tax table does not bring the listings up to date. For something simple like this, you can use the mass editor and change 200 listings at once. 

If this is the issue, I would guess you registered to collect tax sometime last year and just didn't notice that your previous listings weren't edited. It would be an easy mistake to make. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the help, I guess I'll be busy fixing this issue tomorrow. Thanks for helpingme solve this!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply