Canada /USA returns

a few times I have had USA sellers ask for returns for example one time Mind change and one time they accuse me of having counterfeit product which is absurd, untrue And unfounded. I do not technically accept returns but that doesn’t matter at all, I try to be a good seller and accept the return anyway. Things happen and of people are great but some are bad to deal with especially on eBay they are extra abusive at times I think all sellers have atleast a couple horror stories of just getting hosed by an experienced eBay penny pincher, fishing for a free item or partial refund.

Problem:
there is no way to create a label for the return. EBay customer service has confirmed this. I accepted a return today feb 28 at 8pm it said I have untill march 1 which is tomorrow because it is February so I had 4 hours to make a label on a Monday night at 8pm before the buyer could escalate and get automatic refund and closed w/o seller resolution on my account , and it is not even possible through eBay, this is a big time flaw And has opened up the door for scammers a few times causing me to have to issue refund or get at fault refund issued by eBay after escalation , long story short I got scammed and issued refund buyer was / is unresponsive whole time - major flaw return label should be bing bang boom print just like regular outgoing label.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Canada /USA returns

Also I have been selling on and off for 15 years on eBay and have experienced and resolved all kinds of situations and dealt with the worst of the worst buyers
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Canada /USA returns

I have also tried usps and Canada post and it is not possible I have tried on shippo and snap ship and the only thing I didn’t do was go to fed ex
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Canada /USA returns

byto253
Community Member

Hi, you can buy a label through Shippo.  I believe there are some other services, which someone else may chime in with.  https://goshippo.com/

Also, in this situation as the usual routes to buy a label are not available, eBay does not require you to buy a label but offer to pay for the shipping.  What you would do is to offer to pay for the shipping up front as per the online eBay options.  Be sure to offer this and keep all communication through eBay messages so that there is a record.   I had a buyer insist on a label even when I offered to pay up front and told them that is my only option, and that eBay reps had confirmed that.   

With your tight timeline though, I would recommend looking in to Shippo and get the label out. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Canada /USA returns

byto253
Community Member

Here is the link and info from eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/return-shipping-sellers?id=4703&st=3&pos=...

Shipping labels for international returns

Language barriers may make it difficult to purchase an international return label. If you’re unsure, try contacting the buyer to ask if they’ll purchase an international label on your behalf.

If they agree, you need to send funds to cover the cost. Ensure the buyer uses a tracked service and includes signature confirmation for items with a total cost of $750 or more.

International returns and customs.

If you’re sending funds to cover the shipping cost, the buyer is required to fill out the customs forms.

To ensure there are no delays with your return, provide the necessary customs information to the buyer. Double check that your information is correct; falsifying a customs form is against the law and eBay policy.

Since you’re the recipient of the parcel, you are responsible for paying any customs, brokerage, service charges, or duty fees.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Canada /USA returns

I have used PirateShip and they seem to provide a good way to buy return labels from the US. Just takes a few minutes to set up an account and have to say their Customer Service staff are excellent! They will even refund your money if the label isn't used.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Canada /USA returns

You can make a USPS return shipping label on Shippo.com.

You will need your Solutions for Small Business Number from Canada Post.

https://postcalc.usps.com/?country=10440

While you can have a No Returns policy, you cannot have a No Refunds policy.

I believe that a No Returns policy makes customers less likely to buy and more likely to open Disputes rather than dealing with problems with the seller. YMMV

Message 7 of 7
latest reply