Canada post email address needed please, also some advice please

Hi all does anyone have the email address for Canada post?  I looked on the Canada post website and all they list is a phone number and snail mail address.  I have a complaint with their tracking service.  I have not been selling in a few years, and just sold my first item which was a very expensive gold coin, I shipped it using expedited parcel, with extra insurance and signature confirmation through paypal.  I dropped it off on Wed Feb 21st at the post office, but no tracking was showing up for it.  I called the local post office and she said it has been shipped that they must not have scanned it before sending it out, and that it would probably be scanned in Ottawa over the weekend.  I am in Beachburg Ontario, and the parcel is going to the North west territories.   Until tonight there was no scan made of it, so it looked like the label was made and the parcel was sitting at my house, it was finally scanned in Edmonton Alberta?  Does anyone know why it took so long for anyone to scan my package that is suppose to have tracking on it, my buyer was getting worried.  It also says that the expected delivery date is March 12th.   That seems like an awful long time for a package to arrive within Canada, does expedited have a guaranteed shipping time?  Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Canada post email address needed please, also some advice please

There is no email address of which I am aware, you have to call.

How did you drop it at the post office without getting an Acceptance Scan?

For the record, I have found that very small boxes sometimes slip between the cracks. I try not to use anything less than 8x6x2.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

According to Canada Post delivery from your city to NWT (used a Yellowknife postal code) is 8 business days so that would mean that delivery should be on March 5 but they seem to be predicating the date as if it was just mailed.  It’s possible that the city where it is going is fairly isolated so that would affect the delivery time too. It sounds like it got lost on a corner for a week or so  but it’s odd that it wasn’t scanned until it got to Edmonton.  

I dont have have an email address but there is a contact us link about 1/2 way down on the following page.  I didn’t click on the various options so I’m not sure if it will help.

https://www.Canada post.ca/web/en/pages/support/default.page#panel2-3

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I would think it should have been scanned at least twice prior to Edmonton. Once at the location that accepted it and another at the distribution centre wherever that is for your area. There must be one in Ottawa. I cannot recall ever having a parcel miss scans like that, I generally stand by the post office counter and watch the clerk do the acceptance scan before I leave the office.

The Expedited Parcel - National Region delivery standard varies anywhere from 2 - 7 business days.
I guess if you were shipping Thunder Bay to Winnipeg that would probably be in the range of 2 days, Beachburg to Ottawa then on to the NWT would probably be the 7 days. The business day following the drop-off day is considered Day 1. So, by the end of business on the 28th that will have been only 5 business days. Two left to make it to NWT within standard.
Yes, Expedited Parcel has a delivery guarantee but for some reason the guarantee is N/A if going into or from an Air Staging Centre. Don't know why that rule is in place.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I have absolutely had small boxes evade scanning (after the Acceptance Scan) until they reached their nearest destination city. The last one was a box measuring 6x4x3 and I both called and went to my counter to make them check for it under the desk etc. Twice. Eventually, they turn up. To me, this serves to highlight the importance of tracking. If this item was lost, you could claim it as lost, but only with tracking.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

There must be one in Ottawa.

It's on Industrial Ave. I used to drop off catalogues there in the 90s.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@reallynicestampswrote:

There must be one in Ottawa.

It's on Industrial Ave. I used to drop off catalogues there in the 90s.

Canada Post started shutting down sorting in Ottawa in 2014.

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/canada-post-to-cut-ottawa-jobs-move-processing-to-montreal-1.1819970

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

From me in southern Ontario to most of the NWT is 13 business days (6 days for Yellowknife).

Expedited delivery standards calculator:

https://www.canadapost.ca/business/tools/ds/default.aspx?LOCALE=en&ecid=murl08002548

If late you can open a claim on the Canada Post website to get the postage refunded -- but the clock only starts ticking with the first scan.  For valuable stuff I always ask for an originate scan at my postal outlet -- I do not just drop the parcel off without getting one.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I dropped it off in the overnight drop slot at the post office.  When I called them the woman I was talking to said she doesn't understand why it didn't get scanned.  It's a very small post office with not that many parcels coming in or going out.  The package finally got delivered, but I am still not happy that the only scan it got was in Edmonton Alberta.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Ok thanks I will try that.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

It's no comfort, but the main purpose of 'tracking' is to have Confirmation of Delivery for Seller Protection in case of the occasional dispute.

Showing Confirmed Delivery means the seller wins, even in cases of porch theft where the buyer really did not get her parcel.

Everything else is more money for the post office and warm fuzzies for the seller and buyer.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I had tracking on it, with signature confirmation, and extra insurance.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for the link that's helpful.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

For opening up a ticket for a late delivery you can use the following link:

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=request_a_refund_for&cattype=kb&cat=receivi...

-CM

Message 14 of 14
latest reply