CanadaPost Letter Mail shipping label from eBay.

Hello eBay community,

Here is my question, if you can give an advice, it will be very helpful, Thank You.

So i am using tracked shipping on all my sold / listed items, because they can't fit in a poly bubble mailer or an envelope. 

Now i have some products that will sell for less than a tracked parcel fee, and they can fiit on a bubble mailer, i was wondering if i offer free shipping, use CandaPost Letter Mail, and buy postage from eBay, my account will be on risk? I would like to know just because those products ( wireless phone charger / Phone screen protectors .. ) are sold for less than a tracked parcel with CandaPost.

I m also thinking to offer free shipping using CandaPost Letter Mail and a paid Tracked shipping with eBay calculated shipping if the buyer want a tracking number.

I am doing all my best to become a Top Rated seller that's my goal, i am taking everything seriously on my account and i don't want to do something wrong. 

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

One benefit of the Global Top Rated Seller status is that we non-US sellers don't have to track our packages to be eligible.

You do remember that Letter Mail cannot be thicker than 2cm? Because bubble envelopes can take up quite a bit of that.

And of course Free Shipping just means that you have put your shipping costs into the asking price for the product.

Also a "letter" weighing 499gr, will cost $11.47 to ship to the USA. Still cheaper than a Tracked Packet but...

There should be no blowback from eBay about not using tracking. It is never required, which surprises some members, but US buyers expect it.

Tracking is a Seller Protection and some (very very few ) US buyers will make Not Received claims when they notice the item they got was not tracked.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

One benefit of the Global Top Rated Seller status is that we non-US sellers don't have to track our packages to be eligible.

You do remember that Letter Mail cannot be thicker than 2cm? Because bubble envelopes can take up quite a bit of that.

And of course Free Shipping just means that you have put your shipping costs into the asking price for the product.

Also a "letter" weighing 499gr, will cost $11.47 to ship to the USA. Still cheaper than a Tracked Packet but...

There should be no blowback from eBay about not using tracking. It is never required, which surprises some members, but US buyers expect it.

Tracking is a Seller Protection and some (very very few ) US buyers will make Not Received claims when they notice the item they got was not tracked.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

These are the standards for Global Top Rated Seller.

Becoming a Top Rated Seller

Becoming a Top Rated Seller indicates that you consistently deliver outstanding customer service.

Canadian sellers can qualify to be Top-Rated in two separate programs. They can qualify for the Global program, which measures performance according to sales made to any buyers, and they can qualify for the US program, which measures performance only on sales made to buyers located in the United States.

To become a Top Rated Seller, you'll need to:

• Have an eBay account that's been active for at least 90 days
  • Have at least 100 transactions and $1,000 in sales with Global and/or US buyers over the past 12 months
  • Comply with eBay's selling practices policy
  • Meet the requirements for transaction defect rate, cases closed without seller resolution and late shipment rate. You'll find the requirements in the table below

If you've met these performance standards requirements, we'll automatically upgrade you to the Top Rated Seller status at your next evaluation. 

Although Canadian sellers do not need to meet the US tracking requirements to be a Top Rated Seller on the US site, they do need to meet all US requirements (including tracking) in order to have the Top Rated Seller seal on their listings. This is to ensure a consistent buyer expectation for US buyers.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards/seller-levels-performance-stand...

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

BTW-- Why are you wasting money on a Store subscription?

You have 200 FREE listings with no subcription and at the moment you have only 26 showing.

If you can drop the Store, and I believe there is no charge if you wisely took out a monthly subscription, you will be cash ahead for several months.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

First, i want to thank you for your detailed explanation, that was everything i was trying to understand very well to keep my account in good standing. 

I have in front of me all the steps to reach Top Rated seller level.

You are right reguarding my store subscription, I subscribed to a Basic plan store because i was planning to sell the products i have described before, they have many variations and differents models but at the same time i didn't want to start listing lower value items and ship using Letter Mail until i am sure. Now my store subscription will serve for something.

Thank you again for your well detailed reply, Really appreciated! 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@shinycorner77 wrote:

...  they can fiit on a bubble mailer, i was wondering if i offer free shipping, use CanadaPost Letter Mail, and buy postage from eBay, my account will be on risk?

Mailing stuff untracked is okay and does count towards reaching TRS status.

You can't buy lettermail labels from ebay. But you can buy postage stamps on ebay (preferably with a discount over what you would pay at the post office). Some sellers offer stamp combos for popular 2021 price points (0.92, 1.30, 1.94, 2.71, 3.19). Avoid ebay used stamps with no gum, or off-paper.

I use bubble mailers to send dvds/cds/blurays as oversize lettermail (up to 2cm thick).  I prefer kraft paper bubble mailers as they hold their shape better (and old stamps stick better).  I also use plastic bubble mailers, but do make sure they are not too much bigger than the contents to prevent the mailer from bunching up when processed and becoming too thick.

-;-

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Very helpful, 

Thank you very much!!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Hey there @shinycorner77  - you've received some good responses to your initial question, but I was looking through your listings and wanted to give you a head's up that I think you've entered the shipping wrong on a few of them. You have a couple VHS tapes (Lion King and Jack Frost) listed that have $1.98 shipping on them. VHS tapes are too thick to go Lettermail so if any of those listings sold you'd lose quite a bit of money on the overall transaction. You have other VHS tapes listed with a more realistic shipping amount so I think this was just a mistake, but I'd hate for you to lose money or have to cancel an order!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@shinycorner77 

@dinomitesales  tells us they work for the post office and has been a wonderful resource for sellers and buyers about what the PO can and can't do for us.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@femmefan1946 Yes i edited few days ago the listing @dinomitesales mentionned.

It was a good advice, saved me from a return from PO due to postage. 

Thank You <3.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply