Cancel An Auction

It has been so long since I had to cancel an Auction for a Buyer in a country I do not ship to.

I know how to get to the page but after I click cancel an Auction does it come up reason  for cancel I don't want to get a defect and I don't want to spend my time talking to a CS to explain it out.

Thanks in Advance

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Cancel An Auction

So far as I know, you don't get a defect for cancelling an auction unless the auction has ended.

Maybe what you want to do is cancel a bid.

If the auction has ended, it's not the auction you're cancelling, it's the transaction. Problem with buyer address is one of two options available to a seller for cancelling a transaction. 

Best block countries you don't ship to in your Seller Preferences to avoid this situation altogether next time. That will prevent the unwanted-due-to-location buyer from bidding in the first place. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Cancel An Auction

That is what I thought but it has been a long time since I did one.

The country is blocked on my list but some how they are getting around it, I have had them buy items but then have a address in US or Canada but no reply from this one so I will be cancelling the transaction.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Cancel An Auction

Hmm. Maybe they did their bidding with the acceptable address as their Primary and then switched to the banned one when requesting an invoice after the auction ended. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Cancel An Auction

Is this for an ongoing auction or has the listing now ended? 

If it is ongoing, you should be able to cancel the bid at the link below.

if they are able to bid or buy and your blocks are set up correctly, then they probably do have a Canada/US address.  In your preferences do you have checked off to not allow buyers from a country that you don't ship to?

http://ocsnext.ebay.ca/ocs/ip?segmentId=19999&query=I+want+to+cancel+a+bid+on+an+item+I’m+selling+&t...

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Cancel An Auction

@lukey9 wrote:

It has been so long since I had to cancel an Auction for a Buyer in a country I do not ship to.

It is none of my business but I am wondering why you would not see if the buyer wants to pay the shipping.  That is the usual reason buyers change addresses.  They are not usually trying to put one over on you, its just that they want the item and are blocked from getting it.  So they find a way.  

If it were me, rather than reach for the cancellation button I think I would first send the buyer a very nice message explaining that I do not ship to their country as a rule because of the high cost of shipping but if they want the item that cost will be $XX.  (You only ever use a TRACKED service on a country out of your ship-to countries).  Most of the time that amount will make them want to cancel.  When it doesn't you send the invoice.  

I'm not saying this is what YOU should do, I was just wondering.  Rambling, mostly.   

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Cancel An Auction

Hello,

That is the reason why I block all the countries I do not want to sell to them so to give them a shipping cost I might as well ship every where. When I did sell out side of North America to give them free shipping it was not worth while and if I had a shipping cost for out side of NA  all I got was complaints why I had to charge them and not any body else So there is allot less problems and refunds and defects shipping to just US & Canada

Message 7 of 7
latest reply