Forum Posts

item location

Are we allowed to list an item is in Canada but at the same time your shipping is from outside of Canada?302193341260222374591305This is just few listing that i saw just wondering ?

free shipping supplies

Ok so i ordered the free shipping supplies,they are being shipped by ups oh my will i get scammed for duties taxes or what,if thats the case they will be sent bck with neg fb for sure,the first supplies i got were shipped usps no problemo

Resolved! Shipping cost cannot be calculated

I have read several threads about this issue and I have yet to understand what the problem with my listing is.I am trying to sell a single trading card game. I entered the weight as 2 grams, and the dimensions as length 8 x width 6 x height 1 (even t...

Slow sales are sales slow due to the economy

Good morning everyoneI have had a store now for three months , in that time I have had only two sales.Is this a sign of the times or is my site not being viewed.In the past(8 years) I have sold on the US site in US funds with over 800 sales.Any comme...

Has anyone found the new rate code table?

I'm one of those crazy people that still sticks stamps on the packages. So each year I print off the new rates tables etc a few days ahead to make the monday less disastrous at the PO. The 2017 PDF guide is up and available, has been for a while. Any...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

I must be selling a tusk

This is really the limit. In my listing description I described a plastic radios colour as "ivory" and eBay would not accept the listing when I tried to post it. They sent me a message that they did not sell products made from ivory on eBay. This has...

• 12 replies
  • 1 helpful

Ebay shipping supplies will no longer ship to a PO Box

Just tried to order my free store supplies and added to cart and tried to check out. Says they don't ship to PO Boxes but I don't have street delivery. They did the last quarter, is this something new? Any one else run into this? Are they using couri...

• 54 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is there a New Canadian Petition for Lower Duties Circulating to Members or is it a Scam?

I got an email but I wonder if it is legitimate or a phoney one looking to obtain your information. It starts by saying.. "Join eBay Canada in calling for fewer duties and taxes on ecommerce purchases." And the sender address comes up as eBay@reply.e...

Buyer lying about not receiving parcel?

Hi Folks, First and foremost happy New Year. This definitely isn't how I wanted my New Year to start.. I'll try and explain this in as much detail as I can. Basically, I sold a watch for $600 a month ago. It was shipped internationally from Canada. I...

• 24 replies
  • 0 helpful

Woe is me! Feedback Received hits an all-time low

I know Feedback doesn't count for seller performance any longer but my rate of Feedback Received has dropped from 50 per cent to 30 to 20 per cent of feedback reciprocated over the last three years. It looks like I do no business on an annual basis. ...

• 54 replies
  • 0 helpful

'The Product Returns Process Remains Flawed'

I thought this was an interesting story to read. About managing buyer expectations around Returns and exactly what people expect the seller to do for them when things go wrong. Basically, the experience the buyer has with a Return (whether remorse or...

• 12 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! Printing labels on PayPal for Canada Post and it will do all except Expedited USA?

I have tried for months to print shipping labels through EBay and PayPal for the Expedited USA Canada Post Labels only to get through the whole thing and it comes up with an Error and says try again. I have contacted PayPal a few times and they say i...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Please allow me to vent about .... rudeness!!

You know, I no longer worry about defects, late shipping, returns or disputes. Life is too short! I'm good at what I do -- I sell quality products, my communication skills are good, I package well, I ship quickly and, in short, I strive to make every...

• 18 replies
  • 2 helpful

Resolved! international shipping exclusions

Hello, I want to start shipping internationally from Canada and have offered free shipping via Canada Post. My item is 190 grams in a bubble wrap envelope the measurements are 22 cm wide x 32 cm long and 2 cm thick. I would like to know which countri...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

WOW. INR situation, the other kind of buyer..... :-)

I think sometimes these boards become too depressing so I'm sharing the opposite problem we usually have with buyers. Buyer bought 3 items (lettermail) back in early November (within Canada), all were shipped together. Middle of December they let me ...

• 9 replies
  • 2 helpful

Share Your Shipping Labels User Stories

Hello Sellers, As you already know, Shipping is a topic that we're talking a lot about these days at eBay Canada. We've recently hosted a couple of discussions with some Canadian sellers at our eBay offices. I'd like to also draw on anyone who would ...

Cancel An Auction

It has been so long since I had to cancel an Auction for a Buyer in a country I do not ship to.I know how to get to the page but after I click cancel an Auction does it come up reason for cancel I don't want to get a defect and I don't want to spend ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Local Pickup bug

Heads up that I had an odd situation arise form a Best Offer transaction. Item 331672966334 with Best Offer enabled. User with a USA shipping address made an offer that was acceptable to me since the listing specifies free domestic postage but intern...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller profitability

Hello Guys, Happy New Year! I was wondering how some eBayers are able to sell screen protectors and still turn a profit? The item in question is a iPhone 6 tempered glass screen protector for example. Most of the prices I have seen have been between ...

Selling/Shipping Internationally

Hello : Fairly new to selling on EBay. Right now I am limiting my sales to Canada and the US. Wanted to expand to International but looking for some advice when it comes to shipping. As I understand it without a tracking mechanism I am open to dishon...

Insertion fees?

Check your invoices if listing on .ca and .com. eBay has charged me for insertion fees in December (not November) and I did not exceed my quota of free listings for my basic store on either site. I was under the impression, from seeing it in my Selli...

Labels