Cancelled listings

FYI for anyone who has to cancels a transaction due to either a request from buyer, no response from a buyer or no payment. If the listing is for multiple units, make sure to check after the transaction fully cancels. I had a listing where I had no response from a buyer for payment last month. The inventory count never adjusted when the transaction was cancelled. Only happened to notice because it was so recent. Showed me having no stock remaining but I had 1 left in the bin after pulling the new sale.

This feature "seems" to work fine if the cancellation is left to run its full course and is completed by eBay vs the seller.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Cancelled listings

I've never had ebay adjust my inventory after an cancellation. Is that even possible?

I personally wouldn't want them to as I would rather control that on my own.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Cancelled listings

@pjcdn2005 

There was an announcement ages ago about when transactions were cancelled ebay would relist for free. I don't believe there was any sort of explanation connecting multi unit listings. I've  monitored since that announcement when I have had to cancel a listing. In speaking to other sellers they too have had both happen. Item relists automatically or they had to use relist from ended. These scenarios could also be affected by if the customer paid or didn't. 

-Lotz

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Cancelled listings

I have had like 20 buyer not paid things from 1 buyer over the course of 2 months, none have relisted automatically like they should (some used to in the past) Most recently don't. I have seen in youtube vedooes for the past 6 months where people talked about this issue and it happens frequently

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Cancelled listings

Yes I remember but relisting  an  item that has ended is different than actually changing your inventory on a multi item listing, especially if the listing is still active.  In that case, there is no 'relist' to be done.  I think that if ebay started fiddling with the number of items on an active listing, it could be a mess.

If a buyer purchased the last item on a multi item listing and  the listing had ended as the seller didn't have the oos option enabled, I doubt that a listing would get relisted automatically in that situation either. I don't think the system is set up for it.   I'm not sure if your original post was referring to an ended multi listing or an active oos one but I think that in both cases, the seller would have to be responsible for changing the quantity.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Cancelled listings

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Yes I remember but relisting  an  item that has ended is different than actually changing your inventory on a multi item listing, especially if the listing is still active.  In that case, there is no 'relist' to be done.  I think that if ebay started fiddling with the number of items on an active listing, it could be a mess.

If a buyer purchased the last item on a multi item listing and  the listing had ended as the seller didn't have the oos option enabled, I doubt that a listing would get relisted automatically in that situation either. I don't think the system is set up for it.   I'm not sure if your original post was referring to an ended multi listing or an active oos one but I think that in both cases, the seller would have to be responsible for changing the quantity.

@pjcdn2005 

@regs43 

In my situation the item still had 1 unit left. The sale was actually never completed because the customer never paid. With other systems I worked with actual inventory control it just put the inventory back. No fuss. No muss. It's a just a cancellation. 

Same thing would happen at a B & M store if you cancelled after payment. They would refund and that would put the item back into inventory, automatically. If an item was defective then it would have to be manually(via a computer transaction) removed from inventory. How things should happen and how things happen on eBay and are rarely the same thing.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Cancelled listings

No fuss no muss? lol   You've been around long enough to know things here can be messy.  I prefer to keep things simple and do it myself. 

If they say they are going to relist then they should, that's a given. If they aren't doing that it is a problem.

But I do think that multi listings should be an exception. I've seen those type of listings being automatically listed with the original quantity rather than the remaining quantity so I would be wary when it comes to MQ.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Cancelled listings

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

No fuss no muss? lol   You've been around long enough to know things here can be messy.  I prefer to keep things simple and do it myself. 

If they say they are going to relist then they should, that's a given. If they aren't doing that it is a problem.

But I do think that multi listings should be an exception. I've seen those type of listings being automatically listed with the original quantity rather than the remaining quantity so I would be wary when it comes to MQ.

Items being relisted with the original quantity could be one of the scariest things to happen. That along with eBay ending listings and then not advising sellers that has happened. The automatic relist thing has been flakey since they rolled it out. Hear and have seen way too many problems of that not happening the way it is supposed to.

As a side there have been on and off problems with multi unit listings forever. From bad calculations with shipping to handling charge being added to all and then changed to only the first. There are other issues but those are 2 that spring to mind.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 8
latest reply