Cant print shipping label title to long

Hello, I cant print a shipping label, it says the title is to long, I am unable to shorten the title as the item is sold and I cant revise the listing. Has anyone else had this problem ? 

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cant print shipping label title to long

The title?

Do you mean the description of the item on the customs part of the form?

You can change that.

I printed one earlier today with a ten word title to the listing. The customs form reads "used book".

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

If your Customs detail is too long, you can easily change that. You DO NOT use the title of the listing, you use the contents of it.

If the Buyer's Address is too long by a line, you will have to use your best judgement to split it into two lines or shorten Road to RD or something. 

Can you provide a screenshot of the error? It will help narrow down what you're actually getting an error about. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The title?

Do you mean the description of the item on the customs part of the form?

You can change that.

I printed one earlier today with a ten word title to the listing. The customs form reads "used book".

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

If your Customs detail is too long, you can easily change that. You DO NOT use the title of the listing, you use the contents of it.

If the Buyer's Address is too long by a line, you will have to use your best judgement to split it into two lines or shorten Road to RD or something. 

Can you provide a screenshot of the error? It will help narrow down what you're actually getting an error about. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you, I will try this, and I just sold a used book  !

Walter

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you, I don't know which title, it just says title is to long. I will try changing the customs title or buyers address. Thank you very much for your help !
Walter
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Congratulations on your sale!

May I add a comment?

In your Descriptions you have this:

Please note: If this item is shipped to a Postal Box, Canada Post does not guarantee the delivery time, but with my experience in the past the items DID arrive within the estimated delivery time shown.

I'd drop that.

Nothing in your Description should indicate that anything will ever go wrong. You have a Return policy and EBay/Paypal have Buyer Protection policies for that.

And as you say, Canada Post is just protecting its patootie with that bit of boilerplate.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply