Cash on delivery

anasdo-2
Community Member

Hello everyone, I just start doing business, could you please clarify for me, is it possible to rent any 3pl logistic service to store my inventory, and to deliver my orders with COD cash on delivery?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Cash on delivery

C.OD. is fine for LOCAL PICKUP items; but otherwise that will not work on eBay...For shipping to buyers that's just not a logical doable process here on eBay.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Cash on delivery

thank you, I am selling on several another marketplaces working with Dropex.net they provide the best warehouse fulfillment. Just starting on ebay

But I think, if we want to increase our profit we should sell with COD (cash on delivery), but you said that it is impossible to send from warehouse couriers with getting cash from clients on ebay? but whhhhyy?(

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Cash on delivery

It seems to me what you are asking about, and/or making reference to is more like "drop shipping" and/or something akin to the Global Shipping processes such as is available to USA eBay sellers...

As a small/very low volume/non-business seller, I have no knowledge about such processes.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Cash on delivery

Because Cash On Delivery is an optional service for most carriers, which they charge for, you will be cutting into your profit margin by using it.

Canada Post for example charges $7.25 for COD, since their carrier has to wait for the recipient to answer the door, find her purse and pay, then has to keep track of the payment.

And it won't be cash, it will be an electronic payment that you pay fees to receive.

And why would a customer demand it?

Most people are used to paying at the time of ordering and COD is mostly used by "real" businesses when they have a customer who is not good about paying bills. It's a Seller Protection against deadbeats.

The industry Best Practice is take order, get paid, ship.

Never ship before you are paid.

Also dropshipping is a mug's game. While the suppler gives you the pictures and description, packages the product and ships it, you have no control over any of those things. But if the customer is unhappy with her purchase, you take all the responsibility.  Which means refunding because you can refuse returns, but you cannot refuse refunds.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply