ChitChat Express Canada

I just signed up for Chitchat express but have a question regarding my listings. How/what would I put in my listings under shipping? Would I just use "Standard Shipping" because I know that when listing on ebay.ca the only options that show are Canada Post, UPS, FedEx. A little confused as to how to proceed. Any help would be much appreciated .

Thank you!

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ChitChat Express Canada

For Canada their delivery time is between 3-9 business days .Remember this and add to your handling time .For USA you dont need this because they are very fast .When i choose a first class mail my package arrive in time always .I use for USA Canada post expedited service but then when i paste the tracking number i choose USPS carrier so the customer knows where to track their package .I hope that soon we will see ChiChats option for carrier on Canadian site .

Hope that my answer help you 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

ChitChat Express Canada

If listing on ebay.COM you can pick the USPS domestic service you are using for the USA. Canada would be a generic choice.

If listing on ebay.CA you pick one of the generics: economy/standard/expedited for USA/Int'l

Are you using ChitChats discounted rate for Canada?  ChitChats uses Canada Post Expedited parcel. So you could use either a generic term or Canada Post parcel for Canada.

Personally, I would go with "economy" until you see how ChitChats works out for you, since that does allow a bit more delivery time.

-..-

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

ChitChat Express Canada

Thank you so much for the reply. Definitely helps. I'm using the Canada Post discounted rates indeed. But might consider listing on .COM as from what I heard the USPS rates can be quite cheaper than Canada Post

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

ChitChat Express Canada

If you are shipping via chitchat, remember to add a handling charge to your shipping rates.

While their rates are very reasonable, and USPS is cheaper for US shipping, you do have to keep an eye on the pennies.

The handling charge does not have to be disclosed to your customers. It's none of their business what you pay for shipping and most buyers don't understand what a 'handling charge' is.

Hint- it covers packaging, insurance and services like chitchat.

https://postcalc.usps.com/?country=10440

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

ChitChat Express Canada

Wow, I usually ignored "handling charges" but now that I know they do not have to be disclosed to the buyer I will begin sliding them in to cover those things you mentioned. Thanks a lot for your reply! 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

ChitChat Express Canada

For Canada their delivery time is between 3-9 business days .Remember this and add to your handling time .For USA you dont need this because they are very fast .When i choose a first class mail my package arrive in time always .I use for USA Canada post expedited service but then when i paste the tracking number i choose USPS carrier so the customer knows where to track their package .I hope that soon we will see ChiChats option for carrier on Canadian site .

Hope that my answer help you 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

ChitChat Express Canada

Thank you for that. Really insightful answer with regards to shipping times.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

ChitChat Express Canada

is chit chats taking paypal yet? i don't know why they didn't take paypal right from the start. who is most likely to use your shipping services chit chats? CANADIAN EBAY SELLERS. some people don't have credit cards and lots of people can't walk right into your office and pay you cash or debit. no drop off locations, no parcel pick up unless huge volume, don't take paypal....come on guys....
EBAY, PAYPAL, CANADA POST, CHIT CHATS, IT'S 2019 GUYS. LEAVE THE ARCHAIC METHODS BEHIND ALREADY.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

ChitChat Express Canada

Any person who doesn't have a credit card would have more problems than shipping through a freight forwarder.

You can't rent a hotel room for cash, or a car. You can't buy online easily, unless the vendor takes Paypal which not all do.

Paypal has the advantage for buyers of anonymizing financial information. But few B&M businesses take it because it charges them fees and is awkward in a face to face situation.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

ChitChat Express Canada

exactly, which is why it should be made easier for those people to be able to buy and sell without use of a credit card. paypal is almost as good as cash in hand, anyone with an online store presence should be accepting paypal. usa has pretty much adopted it and canada and canadians are lagging behind as always. if the fees are concerning just hide them in the price of the item or service or just be upfront and forward the paypal fee on to the paypal using customer.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

ChitChat Express Canada

ebay sellers are a small segment of ChitChats business.

Does the USPS now takes paypal when buying a label?

I'd settle for Canada Post expanding payment to taking debit cards.

Canadian companies being slow to embrace an AMERICAN company with no presence in Canada to handle their money -- fancy that.

-..-

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

ChitChat Express Canada

Chichats has an EBay import sold items feature now so you can bring items into chitchats platform by linking it with your EBAY account. This is necessary for their manifestation process. US Shipping labels for USPS are best done through EBay as it's still a bit cheaper than buying them from chitchats, but you have the option to do so if preferred. Once items are imported into chitchats system, you then you have to copy/paste tracking numbers manually from EBay. *best to import items first and then do the shipping labels in EBAY second cause once items are marked as 'shipped' already in EBAY, they're not importable to chitchats system any longer as the orders appear to be fuflilled already.

For Canadian orders I only use chitchats cause the rate is the same for all or most of Canada, insurance is offered for minimal fee, and as long as parcels are dropped off quickly, overall shipping time is not bad, but a bit slower than Canada Post.

In my experience shipping labels are least expensive and most convenient if done through EBay's system but to enable access to USPS shipping labels on Ebay, you must register a US address as the primary address for EBAY registration. I recommend getting a US address from a service such as CBIUSA, or NYaddress.com.
Of course if you do this you'll no longer have access to Canada Post shipping labels on Ebay and you'll have to do all business under EBAY.com, not EBAY.CA.

If you DO need Canada Post shipping labels still for some reason, and don't want to use chitchats labels for Canadian orders, you have the option to use Canadapost.ca, or SHIPPO, another great 3rd party shipping label service which you can also link to PAYPAL. For a while I was using shippo for all Canada Post labels and eBay.com for all USPS labels. I no longer use Shippo now as chitchats Canadian service proved more convenient and less expensive.

Whatever shipping options you choose should of course be based on your individual requirements, but at least there are some options and workarounds possible for us Canadian sellers
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

ChitChat Express Canada

paypal is almost as good as cash in hand,

Except that there is a fee for using Paypal.

While that fee is about the same as credit cards fees, it's one more income stream the bookkeeper has to keep track of.

And almost any PP payer also has a credit card, if only to back PP with even more buyer protection.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

ChitChat Express Canada

Also, almost every single Bank/Credit Union now has Visa Debit, which ChitChats does support as I have used mine to buy labels, which debits directly from your Bank Account. Also, Visa Debit does not have NSF charges, so it can be a lifesaver!

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

ChitChat Express Canada

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 15
latest reply