Claims with Canada Post for Undelivered Items

Pretty sure I am not able to claim anything, but I've had some parcels apparently not arrive with some US eBay buyers. Parcels were shipped as Small Packet - Air (no tracking...). So, if an item doesn't arrive in the timeframe it should, buyers want to protect themselves, I'd do the same. But have now had to issue refunds and am out a good chunk of $. I've sent messages to the buyers (in the most expensive case, the buyer never replied), asking them to contact me once their parcels arrive. I'm certain none will.

In the Amazon world, people are just getting too comfortable with full refunds, then receive the items and say "wow, it was free!" Feels dishonest, buuuut since I can't prove they actually received them, maybe not.

I'm likely going to change the shipping service for all US orders now, so that everything is sent with a tracking number. This may push away some buyers due to the more expensive ship cost, but in the longrun (while the pandemic is causing massive delays), it may save me money.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I doubt it too, but it never hurts to try.

However there is no insurance mentioned here

https://www.canadapost.ca/information/app/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s3

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

There is no insurance with small packet so you're right, you can't put in a claim if a package hasn't been delivered.

As you know, small packet isn't trackable however,  if you enter the URL scan code on the small packet label into the ebay 'enter tracking' field,  limited tracking 'might' show up once the parcel is in the US.  You won't see that on any postal site but it seems that it does sometimes track on ebay.   Apparently it used to show up more often than it has been lately probably because the USPS is behind and are not scanning as often as they used to.  I only enter that code if the buyer is asking about their parcel so that we can see if there is any record of where it is.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

>> ... if you enter the URL scan code on the small packet label into the ebay 'enter tracking' field, limited tracking 'might' show up once the parcel is in the US.

I like the tip but is it usable in a non-delivery claim?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

only if it was scanned..

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You woukd win an inr claim if the package was scanned on delivery as it would show as delivered on eBay.  

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bingo!

"You woukd win an inr claim if the package was scanned on delivery as it would show as delivered on eBay. "
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

PRO TIP

Enter that 'No Delivery Scan' UR#########CA code under the bar code of your shipping label in ebay as the tracking number on your next few CP Small Packet Air shipments to USA and thank me later. 8 out of 10 times it works every time on the other side of the border. Not so much to the rest of the world. 

😃

Message 8 of 8
latest reply