Collectible Cards Category

A heads up to anyone that lists in the Collectible Card Category. Appears this category was updated/modified as part of eBay's updates  overnight. Consequences to anyone listing in that category or related ones....I haven't the foggiest. Only can pass on my sincerest condolences. Discussion (10/12/2021) below. In checking a current listing of mine the related category has now become unclickable. 

• Collectibles>Postcards & Supplies>Postcards>Topographical Postcards

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Postcard-Categories-ERASED-OVERNIGHT-with-NO-ITEM-SPECIFICS/m-...

According to the above discussion for any sellers this does apply to you may want to hold off trying to "correcting" anything until this is fully completed. If I've described this concern inaccurately, please feel free to correct. Information intended as an FYI only. 

-Lotz

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Official Announcement:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Updates-are-happening-to-some-item-specifics-and-categor...

-Lotz

Multiple reports of sellers being charged Gallery Plus fee connected to these updates. See post 6.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Gallery-Plus-Fee/m-p/32248597

-Lotz

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Multiple reports of sellers being charged Gallery Plus fee connected to these updates

I'm one of those victims being nailed with phoney Gallery Plus fees.

Currently on hold with an eBay rep trying to sort things out.

Over $270 in unnecesary charges applied today.

Another $230 in phoney fees are about to be applied in the next day and a half.

Ebay rep says that its a known issue and a full refund will be applied to my account in 4 to 6 business days.

I'm supposed to contact eBay each day that this fee is incorrectly charged, which means daily considering that I have over 3700 GTC listings with renewing times spread out over the month.

Over an hour of my day wasted.

I'm guessing the same amount of wastage tomorrow...

And probably the next day after that...

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@imbuzzy wrote:

Multiple reports of sellers being charged Gallery Plus fee connected to these updates

I'm one of those victims being nailed with phoney Gallery Plus fees.

Currently on hold with an eBay rep trying to sort things out.

Over $270 in unnecesary charges applied today.

Another $230 in phoney fees are about to be applied in the next day and a half.

Ebay rep says that its a known issue and a full refund will be applied to my account in 4 to 6 business days.

I'm supposed to contact eBay each day that this fee is incorrectly charged, which means daily considering that I have over 3700 GTC listings with renewing times spread out over the month.

Over an hour of my day wasted.

I'm guessing the same amount of wastage tomorrow...

And probably the next day after that...

There have been sellers on the dot com discussion speaking to CS and them not knowing it was a known issue. The estimates for how many have been dinged on that are major. Something like that should require an official announcement and instant correction/credit. Sellers to ask and ask and ask and then ask again when they will be credited.  These glitches are ebays. Not the seller.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - there was a technical issue that impacted some sellers incorrectly charging a Gallery Plus fee. That has been corrected and you should be seeing a credit issued automatically. No call to CS necessary. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 6
latest reply