Cost of listing on eBay worldwide sites

Quick question for anybody who knows the answer:
In Site Preferences (under the Account tab), under Selling preferences - Selling Manager Pro, there is a "List on these worldwide eBay sites" option. When you click edit, you can select any number of eBay sites for your listing to appear on (eBay Germany, eBay Australia, UK etc). Now that looks like a great feature and I'd want to check off a bunch of those boxes.
***But is this free? I thought we had to pay an extra fee for each listing we list on those sites?
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@eurobeads wrote:
In Site Preferences (under the Account tab), under Selling preferences - Selling Manager Pro, there is a "List on these worldwide eBay sites" option. When you click edit, you can select any number of eBay sites for your listing to appear on (eBay Germany, eBay Australia, UK etc). Now that looks like a great feature and I'd want to check off a bunch of those boxes.
***But is this free? I thought we had to pay an extra fee for each listing we list on those sites?

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/questions/sell_international.html

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/fees.html#optional

-..-

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

When you are using the Sell Your Item form, under Shipping International, you are allowed several custom destinations.

I always check off some of those, including UK and Germany but not North and South America.

It has always been my understanding that by giving specific shipping costs to a particular country our listings are seen on the appropriate site at no extra charge.

The link that dennis gave is still a little vague on that. Yes, there is a charge for listing on a site, but it says nothing about the shipping visibility.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I checked out the links (Thanks Dennis) but I'm still a little confused. Because when I list a new item, i know that if I check off the box to list on eBay UK etc, it shows me the fee (like if I wanted to upgrade to bold or have a subtitle). But in the Account site preferences "List on these worldwide eBay sites" it doesn't warn me of any fees or ask me to confirm a fee amount. Once you tick off the boxes there, it applies to all your listings. They couldn't possibly charge you a fee for all your listings without a warning would they? It's confusing, so when you list, if you select that option you're charged a fee, but if you set it up in your account settings it's free? How does that make any sense?
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I think this is confusing enough to warrant a question on the Weekly Chat.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

It has always been my understanding that by giving specific shipping costs to a particular country our listings are seen on the appropriate site at no extra charge. 

Your listing gets seen at the bottom of the search results under the xx items found from international ebay sellers, rather than getting indexed with the listings that are domestic to that country or have a paid listing addon. Basically its a search ranking penalty if you don't pay the fee.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

OK that's valid.

I get about 10% international sales on all of my IDs, so I don't think paying a premium is worthwhile for my offerings.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply